OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake!
  Re: (...)
It shook the building I'm in for like 15 seconds. They say it started 34 miles NW of Richmond and was 3.7 miles deep.

Lorraine, you okay?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by BarbaraS (It shook the buildin...)
I was just reading about it, hope all are ok.

There was a fairly large one in Colorado this morning too. I had no idea there were quakes in that area.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by BarbaraS (It shook the buildin...)
Quote:

It shook the building I'm in for like 15 seconds. They say it started 34 miles NW of Richmond and was 3.7 miles deep.

Lorraine, you okay?

Barbara

I hope everyone back there is okay.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by esgunn (I was just reading a...)
I was just wondering about Lorraine. I hope you are all okay!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sharon,

It was just kind of scary, and being that it was from so far away, I can't even imagine what the residents of Virginia felt.

I experienced one when I was a kid living in PA that woke me up in the wee hours of the morning. But actually seeing the huge glass walls of my office building shake and quiver like they did almost made me evacuate in a different way than the rest of my co-workers.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by BarbaraS (Sharon,[br][br]It wa...)
As I said in the Irene thread - I really think God is annoyed with us.

Stay safe everyone!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by cjs (As I said in the Ire...)
We're ok, shaken, but ok. I have never, ever, been that scared. Spent a few hours cleaning up. Lots of pictures off the wall, the spare room lookes like, gee, an earthquake went thru here. The pantry looks like everything jumped off the shelves. My big glass cookie jars on top of the fridge all fell and broke into a million glass shards, all on the cheap kitchen carpet. But, we're ok.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by Lorraine (We're ok, shaken, bu...)
Wow, glad you're all o.k., tho, Lorraine. Been in lots of quakes, but never one bad enough to break anything. Just knick knacks jumping around the shelves.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by Lorraine (We're ok, shaken, bu...)
Great to hear you're okay!! They say it went up the Appalachian Mountain Range like a bell ringing out.

Whew!

Barbara
  Re: Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! by BarbaraS (Great to hear you're...)
Glad to hear that Barbara and Lorraine are okay. Lorraine, that sounds like quite a mess you have on your hands there, but I'm glad you were not hurt.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."