What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We had to trade Wednesdays with my aunt, so today we're off to the big city and shopping/lunch with Aunt Marjean. Dinner? good question. a quick trip to Trader Joes also - need more sparkling saki; it's so good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm off work today. We've got to run to town after Bob plays golf with the Gangsome.

I have everything I need for the truffle potato dish. It was crazy - one of the farmers said they were in the middle of digging Yukon Golds - but they were 5.00 for a 1 lb. bag. I waited until the new ones hit the store. Now I'm trying to decide on chicken or pork to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Harborwitch (I'm off work today. ...)
Simple comfort food - pork tenderloin, noodles & gravy, steamed carrots. Again, using pantry items (noodles, gravy mix).
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Trixxee (Simple comfort food ...)
Tomatoes are in abundance... That's where I'm starting my plan!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by HomeCulinarian (Tomatoes are in abun...)
I want to go to Trixxee's.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Lorraine (I want to go to Trix...)
Veggie burgers (my own recipe)on whole wheat buns with a big slice of fresh tomato and corn on the cob. The local corn is fabulous and we never seem to get tired or it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Mare749 (Veggie burgers (my o...)
Well, last night was a change in plans, we had C@H Indian stuffed chicken breasts with the Curry Beurr blanc. It was soooog good. I love that recipe.

Tonight is the C@H Schnitzel. Yummmmm
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Lorraine (I want to go to Trix...)
Quote:

I want to go to Trixxee's.

I want to go back in time to Erin's house last night.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That is a good one, Erin.

After a rough. Day yesterday, I opted for comfort food, as well. It's country fried steak in gravy, madness and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (That is a good one, ...)
"Again, using pantry items" - good for you, Trixxee!! I forgot to pick mine out on Monday. will do it now.

I'm surprised - going thru my pantry, I really don't have that much 'stuff' that I don't know what to do with. Good for me. But, I do have a container of this - and I don't know what I bought it for. No problem using it, but I just haven't.

[Image: 180px-Mayonnaise_Kewpie_Japanese.jpg]

some dressings and sandwiches are in our future I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com