T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I may make a pizza. I'm taking 3 pizzas (one will be half/half testing 2 cheeses) to the winery to match with the wines for the 9th party.

Made 2 different doughs yesterday and par-baked them (thank you for the help, Bill & Jane) - I've never par-baked crusts before. Sourdough and a new recipe being tested. The pizzas will be:

Clam and Bacon (with a Lemon Aioli 'sauce')
Vegetarian (grilled zucc with fennel and leeks)- this one I'm doing half with chevre and half with smoked fontina
Peach & Cherry Salsa with pork shavings (this one is very experimental and anxious to try it)

The fourth pizza will be an everything pizza (salami, pepperoni, sausage, etc.) so don't have to test that one.

I'll probably have bits and pieces of toppings leftover to make a pizza later tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Those pizzas all sound wonderful! Interesting combos.

I think tonight will be Mom's Tuna salad or some grilled steak and the truffled potatoes. I've got everything geared for both. I'm not sure if I'm working in the kitchen or restaurant or both today so we'll see what's up this afternoon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by Harborwitch (Those pizzas all sou...)
Tonight is the Faculty Fall Banquet - One of the better catered dinners of the academic year! I'm having what ever they're serving -- plus we always include a dessert buffet!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by HomeCulinarian (Tonight is the Facul...)
The pizzas sound great!

I think rib eyes are still on sale so am running to the store now. Even if they aren't on sale I think I'm still getting them. I want an easy meal tonight! Corn on the cob and salad too - husband's suggestions.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by Trixxee (The pizzas sound gre...)
I'm making seafood penne (shrimp and scallops) with a light alfredo sauce and fresh tomatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by Mare749 (I'm making seafood p...)
We're having burgers, hot dogs, and corn-on-the-cob. We'll have to dodge the rain.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by Gourmet_Mom (We're having burgers...)
Chinese take out for me, whatever Hubby wants to pick up for him.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by BarbaraS (Chinese take out for...)
Well, it's a double-edged sword... The Chuker Fruit Salsa pizza was supposed to be an experimental pizza. But, we all liked it so well, it's going to be a four-pizza pick up wine party!!!

It's Friday and it's 3 p.m. and I'm off to have a glass(es) of wine!! Have a great AND SAFE weekend everyone. You east-coasters, I hope you'll continue to check in when you can. Thinkin' of you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 8/26 by cjs (Well, it's a double-...)
It's a leftover night here. It's been a long week and I'm tired!