Dinner Sunday, 8/28?
  Re: (...)
Is it frivilous to be asking this question today with all that's going on along the east coast? But, we have to eat, even if it's going to be bolgna/tuna sandwiches...

I'm finally getting to play with my grill today - lamb chops and grilled fries & veggies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by cjs (Is it frivilous to b...)
We are going back to the winery to pack up stuff we will need for Baltimore, so it will be catering leftovers tonight. Garlic mashed taters, brisket in PMV Merlot sauce, roasted pork loin done in a new rub he made (he calls it "Canadian rub" as it has maple sugar in it), maque choux, cheese grits, collard greens.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by Lorraine (We are going back to...)
I love your leftovers, Lorraine!

I haven't given it a thought. I just got back to the house. Power's on! Yeeeaaa! I'll get back to this later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by Gourmet_Mom (I love your leftover...)
Pierogies with peppers and onions.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by BarbaraS (Pierogies with peppe...)
Something with chicken and corn and asparagus. I've got corn and asparagus coming out of my ears. (Tony went to Costco and bought things that were not on the list).
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by Trixxee (Something with chick...)
Leftover rotisseried pork loin from the other day. I made slits in it and stuck whole garlic cloves in, then put a rub on before roasting. 90 minutes later, perfection! I'll slice down the rest for hot sandwiches today with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by Mare749 (Leftover rotisseried...)
Left over BBQ from yesterday, just too hot to cook.
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by DFen911 (Left over BBQ from y...)
Jane got some veal scalop--------?? on sale. She is doing veal picatta. I am frying thin sliced zucchini and trying to make a chip--wish me luck!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by Old Bay (Jane got some veal s...)
Now, doesn't that all sound good. been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Sunday, 8/28? by cjs (Is it frivilous to b...)
Tonight, it's So-Cal dogs from one of the C@H grilling cookbooks. Mango salsa, cilantro/lime mayonnaise and avocado top these grilled (Turkey) hot dogs.
I also made the S'mores cupcakes from the August 2011 issue. DO NOT MAKE THESE!! If you're like me, you'll eat them all and gain weight. These are hands down the most delicious cupcakes that I've ever eaten.