What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

Today's my sister's b'day - God, she's getting old....

We're having one more pizza to use up all leftovers from Friday's tasting. I LOVE the thought of having par-baked pizza crust in the freezer. Don't even have to think about the crust until I'm ready to gather the makings. Yeah!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Clean out the fridge day here.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by Lorraine (Clean out the fridge...)
I'm making the philly cheese pot roast sandwiches Erin made recently.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by Trixxee (I'm making the phill...)
I've been eyeing those, Trixxee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by cjs (I've been eyeing tho...)
Trying a new crockpot recipe (I think I two new ones on the menu this week). Chicken Stew with Sausage and White Beans.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by esgunn (Trying a new crockpo...)
That sounds so good, Erin. Kind of like "cassoulet" which I can't wait to make as soon as the weather turns cooler.

Well, we didn't use the pork roast yesterday since Ron got home late and Holly invited us over for a family game night, so I'll be using it today. Have Cuban bread rising and plan to make Cuban sandwiches for dinner. Yummy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by Mare749 (That sounds so good,...)
Oh Maryann! haven't been able to make bread, because of the leftover mini-rolls from the 'after the 4th' party, but they are gone now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by cjs (Oh Maryann! haven't ...)
William is frying catfish tonight! We're having slaw and corn muffins to go with. Can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by Gourmet_Mom (William is frying ca...)
Well, this par-baked pizza is giving me some grey hair ( ) It works great finishing in the oven, but on this grill (at least) and I wasn't able to test it on my old one , the top of the crust would not brown and the cheese just melted, but not the least brown by the time the bottom of the crust was perfect! darn.

But, the only saving grace for the party doing big ones, I won't have an outer crust, so that'll work for that.

But, for home I guess they need an oven or a wood-fired oven.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/29? by cjs (Well, this par-baked...)
I'm planning on a flank steak with chunky salsa and grilled peppers...