What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31??
  Re: (...)
Last day of August???? What's on the menu for everyone?

I have 14 recipes left to make one more time for tweeking, so it'll be one of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by cjs (Last day of August??...)
Hard to believe tomorrow is September! It is book club night for me. We read State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. Looking forward to talking about it with my girls.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by HomeCulinarian (Hard to believe tomo...)
Just simple spaghetti and marinara and a salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by Trixxee (Just simple spaghett...)
Looks like another day of Foodgawking till something hits me. I smell the pineapple on the counter, so that's probbly ready. Anybody got an idea for me????
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by farnfam (Looks like another d...)
How about a frozen pineapple margherita? I honestly don't know where that came from!

We're taking my in-laws out for dinner. That's how we celebrate each other's birthday's these days since it's so hard to buy gifts anymore. The place we are going (it's just a little local bar) is known for their Wednesday night ribs, which my FIL loves.

They also make the best french fries I've had since Thrasher's on the east coast. Don't know how they do it, but you can't stop eating them until every last one is gone!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by farnfam (Looks like another d...)
Quote:

Looks like another day of Foodgawking till something hits me. I smell the pineapple on the counter, so that's probbly ready. Anybody got an idea for me????

Sweet and sour chicken, pork, shrimp or scallops? Love pineapple and green peppers in mine.
Quote:

I like chili rubbed pork chops or tenderloin with a pineapple salsa. Served with jalapeno mashed sweet potatoes.

There's always that pineapple crisp that I never tire of as well.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thanx, I did find a few Sweet and Sour Chicken recipes and I have the green pepper and the pineapple, so I'm all set. I'm thinking of combining the stuff like from each recipe. And Pina Colada for a cocktail too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by farnfam (Thanx, I did find a ...)
I wish I knew. I screwed up my back, again, so Bob has me off my feet as much as possible today. We have to run to town so maybe we'll get stuff so Bob can grill something easy. I want to make that Chai ice cream today.

I guess 10 and 12 hour days are harder than I thought. I have to learn to take "sit down" breaks now and then rather than run the whole time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday, 8/31?? by Harborwitch (I wish I knew. I sc...)
Funny, we're having ribs, too! I'm having corn-on-the-cob to go with.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.