Labor Day!! What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
We didn't do a Labor Day Menu, did we? Sneaky holiday - what's on for today? And, Happy holiday to you all.

Well, since no one's coming over today, this will be a regular work day - going to Costco to start buying for Friday's party. About half the pizza doughs are made, par-baked and frozen. whew. Ending up making most of them half sheet size, much easier to handle than a full sheet. Will probably pick up a Costco hot dog.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by cjs (We didn't do a Labor...)
Happy Labour Day! I'm so tired of cooking, it may be scrambled eggs again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by Lorraine (Happy Labour Day! I...)
Well, it looks like it's going to be raining today so our traditional game hens on a spit probably will turn out to be roasted game hens in the oven. I stuff the little suckers with orange, lemon, lime, a twig of rosemary and a smashed garlic clove. And if I'm going to to do them in the oven, I guess maybe a little compound butter under the breast skin wouldn't hurt.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by BarbaraS (Well, it looks like ...)
I'm having leftovers from Sunday!
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm having leftovers...)
Think I'd better stop by Barbara's!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm having leftovers...)
Jean - call Costco before you go. I'm fairly certain they are closed today.

I don't know what we're making yet. It'll probably involve either shrimp or chicken.
I'm thinking about meatball subs. I want to do meal planning today. I've gotten away from that and need to get back into doing it. I've gotten into a cooking rut.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm thinking about m...)
Well, piddle, if it is this puts me one day behind myself. will call, thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by cjs (Well, piddle, if it ...)
Nailed it down - the greek chicken roulades stuffed with kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes. I'll probably add a little feta to it. Asparagus and possibly nothing else.
  Re: Re: Labor Day!! What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (Nailed it down - the...)
Lunch---lobster rolls

Dinner--Pasta with Bolognese sauce, a caprese salad. A Brunello to drink.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".