What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Who knows? But, I've got to say, I tested one of the par-baked, frozen pizza doughs for dinner last night on the grill and it worked just great. I'm thinking I'll do this a lot in the future for home use.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making Pigeon Pea Soup from Epicurious tonight. It calls for a pepper like cubanelle, which we have in abundance, and a ham bone which I need to use. Trying to use up stuff in the freezer and pantry.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making [url=htt...)
he went thru the pantry yesterday. Found 2 soup mixes ( Chipotle Cheddar, and Potato Bean). Added some ham from the freezer, a can of corn, and a can of greens. Have lots left, so will make some cornbread to go with it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by Lorraine (he went thru the pan...)
Settled on Chicken Vesuvio from Cuisine Tonight For Two. I've got a huge bag of russet potatoes that I got for $1.99 so probably mashers. And so I don't have to cook or babysit anything else, I can throw a salad together.

Knock on wood, so far I've been doing a decent job of juggling dinner and helping Michael with his homework and keeping organized.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by Trixxee (Settled on Chicken V...)
Glad to hear it's going well, Trixxee. It's quite an adjustment going back to school in the fall. My daughter has been busy every evening since going back a few weeks ago. I probably won't see as much of her until the holidays.

I'm doing chicken cordon bleu for dinner with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by Mare749 (Glad to hear it's go...)
I want to eat at Maryann's.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by Lorraine (I want to eat at Mar...)
Me too, Lorraine! After two late days....got home around 9...I'm going easy. We're having hot dogs with a pasta salad I snagged left over last night. I'm exhausted! Meetings for nearly every planning period this week and meetings late in the day...OIY! Is it Friday yet?

Better yet, is it May yet?!?!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (Me too, Lorraine! A...)
Quote:

Me too, Lorraine! After two late days....got home around 9...I'm going easy. We're having hot dogs with a pasta salad I snagged left over last night. I'm exhausted! Meetings for nearly every planning period this week and meetings late in the day...OIY! Is it Friday yet?

Better yet, is it May yet?!?!

Not in my part of the world, that's for sure! Going back to teaching at a new school has made for a few crazy weeks.

It's our 27th anniversary today, but we just went to the local pub for a quick bite. Next Thursday we're headed to Key West for the Poker Run, so we'll definitely do our celebrating then. After 27 years, I think we can handle a little delayed gratification!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Happy Annivesary, Karyn!! Delayed gratification - I love it, 'cause I love to anticipate.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 9/8?? by cjs (Happy Annivesary, Ka...)
Happy anniversary Karyn!! We had soft white corn tacos to celebrate!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".