Dinner, Sat. 0/10 or 9/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today.

Since I haven't had a chance to play with my new grill, I'm going to grill something. Probably not pizza...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Sat. 0/10 or 9/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm making a pork tenderloin with a cranberry-balsamic sauce. Broccoli and not sure what else - maybe just some buttered noodles.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by Trixxee (I'm making a pork te...)
I'm not sure. William is talking about staying another night at the farm, so I may just dig something out of the freezer. I DO have 12 new cans of Jersey tomatoes. I may try a little vodka sauce and have a salad. Actually, that sounds like a plan!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. Willi...)
My wife is out of town on her yearly ladies weekend, so it's boyfood for me tonight. The recipe is called Essential steak. It's a pan fried NY strip steak with sauteed shallots, balsamic vinegar reduction and topped with bleu cheese.
So simple, yet so delicious! I forgot what issue of C@H this is from. I may make sweet potato fries as a side, but I don't know, that steak is pretty big.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by losblanos1 (My wife is out of to...)
I think it will be the chicken basil burgers. I will probably use ground turkey though.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by esgunn (I think it will be t...)
Filets with a Cranberry Port Wine sauce.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by esgunn (I think it will be t...)
A couple of tips for this recipe. I chopped the basil and mixed the basil mayonnaise in a bowl, eliminating the need for a food processor. I used French bread in lieu of Italian, and the thickness that you cut it is your choice, the recipe had no suggestion.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by losblanos1 (A couple of tips for...)
It's so nice to have a new man on board! Labs and Old Bay are the only guys who post regularly any more and it's always fun to hear their point of view.

For dinner tonight, I took out a package of smoked pork shoulder, so probably just sandwiches and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by Mare749 (It's so nice to have...)
What month is 0 btw?

We're gonna grill ribs
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 by DFen911 (What month is 0 btw?...)
LOL! I just noticed that, Denise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.