Sept. 12th Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
I'll be a few hours late, but I hope those of you who did the dinner will start things off.

Issue #88 - page 41
Grilled Vegetable Couscous with Lemon and Goat Cheese and Lemon-Butter Chicken

Hope its good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by cjs (I'll be a few hours ...)
I'm going to be late with this one since somebody else in this house didn't want to try it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by Mare749 (I'm going to be late...)
C'mon Ron - what a spoil-sport...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by cjs (I'll be a few hours ...)
OMG....we had this about a month ago....delish! My kids both ate it pretty willingly. Had leftovers cold in pita as well. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by winkelmom (OMG....we had this a...)
We certainly did, 'winkel' - we both gave it a strong 8!

[Image: GrilledVegeCouscous.jpg]

The only two things I did differently is I used thighs instead of breasts and I picked up a pkg. at Trader Joes of a Harvest Grains Blend - Israeli couscous, orzo, baby garbanso beans and red quinoa - so, wanted to try it. Very good and high fiber.

The lemon butter sauce brushed over the chicken after grilling and then a little drizzled over all on the plate just made everything zing!! I'll certainly make this again.

Didn't anyone other that 'winkel' and me make it???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by cjs (We certainly did, 'w...)
What I don't get is why everything has to be topped with an egg yolk. I can't stand runny eggs, much less an undercooked yolk. But everything else with the couscous, orzo, garbanzo beans, and quinoa looks good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by BarbaraS (What I don't get is ...)
I'm going to be really late. I couldn't swing the veggies right now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to be real...)
Thanks for the review, Jean. Guess I'll have to just make it for me.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 12th Dinner Review by Mare749 (Thanks for the revie...)
egg yolk?????????? Barbara, I think you might be looking at the yellow pear tomato on the plate - no egg yolk.
www.achefsjourney.com