Harvest Grains Blend - Trader Joe's
  Re: (...)
What a great product this is. Ran across it the last visit and picked up two pkgs. the blend is Israeli style couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo beans, and red quinoa. Used it for the review dinner - grilled veggies with chicken - but I was afraid the product would get lost in the thread.

Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend
[Image: traderjoes.jpg]

Ideas for using - (from a website online)
Cook the mix with chicken broth, add in goat cheese, tomatoes, Kalamati olives, and roast chicken and you have a quick and tasty meal!

I am in love with this product! I make a whole package with chicken broth, chopped red bell pepper, green onions, some frozen corn and leftover chicken, add a little salt & pepper, garlic and coriander, and away we go. I store the leftovers and take a little for lunch every day. Great hot or cold. Simply delicious. If all you can do is boil water, then even you can make this. I'm going to try the recipe listed above for a change of pace.

Our favorite way is to use 1/2 package (there's just the 2 of us), mix it with a can of salmon and a bunch of capers.

Add cooked shrimp to make a complete
------

Here’s the link to buy online if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s handy:

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes...d/details/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Harvest Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by cjs (What a great product...)
Sounds interesting, Jean. I don't know when I'll get back to Trader Joes again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds interesting, ...)
hence the link to order this...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by cjs (hence the link to or...)
Thanks for posting this, Jean. I will certainly be looking for this product the next time I go to TJ's, which should be very soon.

Daphne, I'll buy an extra bag and send it to you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by cjs (hence the link to or...)
?????? I found a link to review the product - but couldn't find a "store" to buy from. I love the idea of that blend. Schwans had a couscous salad with the baby garbanzos, Israeli couscous, and some veggies. Yum. They'll be opening a Trader Joe's in Spokane soon, but that's a ways away. I wish there was one closer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by Harborwitch (?????? I found a li...)
Well, yesterday I saw you can buy this thru Amazon, but looking this a.m. not at a very good deal.

Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend 16 Ounces/bag (9 Pack)
$42.89

A lot to put out at one time. So, you'd better start a Trader Joe's list, as I do, for my forays into the big city.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by cjs (Well, yesterday I sa...)
I keep hoping they will open a GTJ's closeby. I bought an interesting blend at Costco in B'more, "Sprouted Bean Trio", lentils, adzuki, and mung beans. Haven't tried it yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by cjs (Well, yesterday I sa...)
We had to do that with Israeli Couscous, bought a 6 pak of the jars. If I could find someone here who'd share . . . but alas. I think we'll just have to start our list and plan a trip.

Or send a list to Jennifer and have her send us a care package!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by Harborwitch (We had to do that wi...)
Always get a kick out of the marketing behind these things.

"HARVEST" Grains?

I guess if you want any other kind of grains, you'd have to go to the middle of the field and chomp on the stalks directly.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Harves Grains Blend - Trader Joe's by labradors (Always get a kick ou...)
Thanks, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.