What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm making meatloaf today. Have some pepperoni leftover from the pizza party and Roy is whining for a pepperoni sandwich or something with it, so who knows.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I made a gorgeous pot of vegetable soup yesterday that we didn't eat because we went out instead. So, that will be dinner tonight with fresh Italian bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Mare749 (I made a gorgeous po...)
I need to get busy! My truffle order came in, so truffle pizza is on the menu, of course! Since I've got dough going, I think I may whip up some bread for next week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (I need to get busy! ...)
Grilled chicken though not sure what I will marinate it in or glaze it with. I have half a bag of baby spinach to use and since it's not really enough by itself I think I'll concoct some type of white bean/spinach/garlic saute splashed with balsamic or red wine vinegar.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Trixxee (Grilled chicken thou...)
sounds like a good 'concoction' to me!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by cjs (sounds like a good '...)
I swear Jean, the price of groceries are getting so darn crazy that I'm hesitant to let anything to go waste - even a couple of handfuls of spinach!
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Apricot Glazed Pork Chops. Also picked up 6 fresh figs at the market.

Barbarra
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Trixxee (I swear Jean, the pr...)
I'm with you Trixxee. he's been buying kale to line platters with, if it's been out for less than 1/2 hour, I take it and cook it.

He has to go buy me more canning jars, so whatever else he buys will be supper. I really feel like meatloaf and mashed potatoe.s
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Lorraine (I'm with you Trixxee...)
Soup weather has arrived, so tonight it's Curried Crab Bisque with a side of Salami & Apple dippers (grilled cheese sandwich).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/17?? by Trixxee (Grilled chicken thou...)
Quote:

Grilled chicken though not sure what I will marinate it in or glaze it with. I have half a bag of baby spinach to use and since it's not really enough by itself I think I'll concoct some type of white bean/spinach/garlic saute splashed with balsamic or red wine vinegar.

I like this idea, Trixxee. And you are right, groceries are getting so out of hand that we all hate to throw anything away that we don't have. Since it's getting cooler now, more leftovers will be going into the soup pot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."