C@H Holiday Cookies
  Re: (...)
I don't know if any of you have tried the 'chocolate chip cookies with crispy rice cereal' from the cookie book (darn, I wish they would date these publications!) - the issue that John Meyer is still editor, the 1st one? It's the one with the box divided into quarters with cookies in it.

[Image: CHRiceKrispieChocchipcookies.jpg]

Anyway, I'm making another batch today. I think I have made them every couple of months since the first time Dec. 12, 2009. They are just wonderful. I make them so often because Roy takes a plate of them to the shops/folks who sell the most cookbooks for us. And, they always request the same cookie - this one.

If you haven't tried them, I hope you will - sooooo good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by cjs (I don't know if any ...)
I have all the ingredients, just don't have the recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by Lorraine (I have all the ingre...)
Yes, Recipe please. I don't have that book. I did buy the new one on the stands right now.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by esgunn (Yes, Recipe please. ...)
Oh crap, o.k., I'll post it in the a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by cjs (Oh crap, o.k., I'll ...)
I didn't want to ask, but since the others did, I would love to have it too, please!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by Mare749 (I didn't want to ask...)
Here you go - not the least bit good for us, but it sure is fun to have these all portioned out and in the freezer for a warm cookie now and then. (or to give away!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Crispy Rice Cereal
C@H Holiday Cookies
About five dozen, 4” cookies

Whisk together:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crisp rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt

Cream; Add:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 cup)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir in:
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Flour mixture

Preheat oven to 350°F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk flour, cereal, oats, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt together in a bowl; set aside.
Cream butter with both sugars in a bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy.

Add the oil, egg, and vanilla, then beat until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and flour mixture just until flour is incorporated. (To give the cookies a festive look, stir 1 cup of mini M&Ms into the dough along with the chocolate chips.)

Drop the dough in 3 T. mounds (a #40 cookie scoop is perfect) onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2” apart. Bake 12-14 min. , or until cookies are set and golden around the edges. Let cookies cools on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by cjs (Here you go - not th...)
Very interesting recipe! With the rice, oats, chocolate chips and cream of tartar. I have only ever seen cream of tartar in snickerdoodles.

Thanks Jean! Saved and printing right now!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by esgunn (Very interesting rec...)
Oh Erin, be careful - they are addictive.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by cjs (Oh Erin, be careful ...)
Thanks, Jean! We make cookies to give away at Christmas, I'll be making these.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: C@H Holiday Cookies by Lorraine (Thanks, Jean! We ma...)
Thanks so much, Jean. My father-in-law was in the hospital for a few days, but is home now. He loves chocolate chip cookies, so I'm going to make these up for him as soon as I get back from the store.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."