What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

I'm thinking just a simple pepperoni and onion pizza.Unless, it's nice, then I might have to grill something long and slow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Well, I never did use my chicken last night as we got chinese to go. So forget the asian dish I had in mind for it last night. Too much asian. So now it's vanilla cider chicken & pears, broccoli and wild grains with walnuts. Here are some pictures from Noble Pig but they stayed true to the recipe by using pork tenderloin.

http://noblepig.com/2009/11/04/vanilla-c...-rice.aspx

Jean - it's cloudy and gloomy here but I think the sun will be out later. I'm enjoying it because it's only a matter of time before we get those awful super hot and dry Santana winds.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by Trixxee (Well, I never did us...)
Oh that's right, Trixxee - you are due for those soon, aren't you? O.K., I'll be happy with a little drizzle...maybe

change of plans for us - my neighbor wrenched her knee and is on crutches and they will starve if they depend on 'him' so making a couple of dishes to take over. (Where the h*ll are kids when something like this happpens?) ((Maryann's would never treat her like this....)

But, the reason I mention this is I'm making a dish from Share a Recipe that we all have loved over the years - Marlene's (DaCoook) taco pie. It smells so good in here!!! And, it's been so long. Roy said I'd better make enough for us or I'm in trouble. (it makes two!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by cjs (Oh that's right, Tri...)
Wow, thank you for the nice comment about my kids, Jean!

It's true, of course, but then my girls have always had a healthy appetite, (wonder where they got that from?) so decided that they better learn how to cook.

Dinner tonight will be grilled salmon and asian coleslaw.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by Mare749 (Wow, thank you for t...)
Quote:

Maryann's would never treat her like this

No way would they do that, she treats them so good!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Maryann has the best kids! Wow, Jean! I'll have to check that one out! I don't think I've tried it. It sounds like something I'd like.

William made us burgers last night. I wasn't very hungry, but it was nice not to have to cook.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann has the best...)
Thanks Daphne, I think you have some pretty terrific kids yourself! And a real sweetheart of a hubbie, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."