Cake Mix Cookies
  Re: (...)
Has anyone else done these? They are cookies made from cake mixes and they are wonderful. The possibilities are endless. I did the chocolate ones, but now want to do vanilla and drizzle dark chocolate on them or do a carrot cake mix with white drizzle

[Image: 31c61d72-29a3-4376-a2d3-40d367b08cf6.jpg]

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® devil's food cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, vanilla and eggs with spoon until dough forms.

Refrigerate dough 15 to 30 minutes or as needed for easier handling. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store tightly covered.

The thing that I was thinking was, A- I don't bake so these were perfect for me and B - when cake mixes are on sale for like .75 a box it's MUCH cheaper to make them this way than buying flour, sugar, butter etc.
  Re: Cake Mix Cookies by DFen911 (Has anyone else done...)
I've never heard of this. Great picture, Denise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by Gourmet_Mom (I've never heard of ...)
As a budding photographer I love the photo! And the ease of the recipe. I could even handle these.
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by Trixxee (As a budding photogr...)
Oh I must clarify, while I did the cookies this is not a picture of mine. Although they did look like this, my camera is acting funny so stole the image from the site where I got the recipe
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by DFen911 (Oh I must clarify, w...)
I've made them. I have made chocolate and lemon. They are good!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by esgunn (I've made them. I ...)
Thank you for sharing a great time-saving idea. Hope you will post the results of your carrot cake cookies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by Mare749 (Thank you for sharin...)
I did these years ago when the kids were in grade school - used to have 2 or 3 pages of ideas for them. They are a great idea. hmmmmm, another idea for the pantry book. Thanks Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by cjs (I did these years ag...)
I haven't made these in years, but we are catering lunch next Sat and Sun for 18 people at the local National Guard and one of the days they want a sweet - this will be perfect.

Jean, bust out those recipes - I stocked up on cake mixes when they were on sale.
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by iBcookin (I haven't made these...)
o.k., I'll do that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cake Mix Cookies by cjs (o.k., I'll do that. ...)
Here are some more cake mix cookie recipes.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 pkg. Betty Crocker cake mix (yellow, devil's food or white)
1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate pieces.

Beat the eggs, water, butter, peanut butter and 1/2 the cake mix (dry) until smooth. Stir in the remaining cake mix and the chocolate pieces. Drop on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.

Puff Cookies

1 box very moist yellow cake mix (Betty Crocker)
1 (8 oz.) carton Cool Whip
1 egg
3/4 c. powdered sugar (for rolling cookie balls in)

Mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Grease your cookie sheets. Drop by teaspoons into a dish of powdered sugar. Form into balls and put on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Don't over bake.

Mrs. Donald's Great Oatmeal Cookies

1 egg
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, soft
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Beat the egg, water, butter, shortening, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 of the cake mix (dry) until smooth. Stir in the remaining cake mix, oats, raisins and nuts. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly and then remove from the cookie sheet and eat! Makes about 6 dozen.

Banana Walnut Cookies

1 pkg. Betty Crocker Snackin' Cake banana walnut cake mix
1 Tbsp. Flour
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (if desired)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (if desired)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup water

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the cake mix (dry), flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and water thoroughly. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons about two-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown around edges, 8 to 9 minutes (do not over bake). Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet and then cool completely. Store cookies in airtight container.

Super Moist Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 pkg. Super Moist Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
1/2 c. softened margarine
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
1 (6 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix about half of the cake mix along with the margarine, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the remaining cake mix, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes (center will be soft). Cool slightly and then remove from the cookie sheet. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.