What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for the first of October??

Brussels sprouts here, not sure what else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having the Indian Chicken I was asking about yesterday. Very much looking forward to it.
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by Trixxee (We're having the Ind...)
I have no idea. Hopefully, I'll find inspiration. It's really cool here, so possibly the Lasagna Soup?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. Hop...)
I think we are making the other stuffed chicken breast from that issue - Summer Stuffed Chicken breasts with a lemon herb buerr blanc. I made it once before and thought it was blah, so I am going to jazz it up.

Steph has been asking to make homemade pasta, so we will come up with someting. Not really the right kind of sauce for pasta - oh well. Maybe just a buttered noodle with parlely. Not sure on a vegie yet.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by esgunn (I think we are makin...)
O.K., food is lined up for today, finally -
First off, I'm getting sourdough pizza dough going to make Maryann's Cuban/Italian "fusion" focaccia for some sandwiches next week.

Today noon meal will be Chicken Skin Tacos ( ) and later will be a bast*rdized version of hot sour soup using up the rest of Billy's Ginger Chix and the 'jus' from it. Fun day, I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by cjs (O.K., food is lined ...)
Change of plans. I got an urge for fried rice all of a sudden, and if William comes home from the camp, I'll add some Plum-Spiced Chicken.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by Gourmet_Mom (Change of plans. I ...)
Oh my, what a wonderful combination of flavors -

shredded Ginger chicken w/a little of the jus
tomatoes
red onions
lettuce/cilantro
Colby Jack
Fried Chicken Skin (YES!!!)
lime squeezed over the top of all.

it was delicious! and pretty, but we ate instead of taking pictures...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by cjs (Oh my, what a wonder...)
It's too hot! The thermometer is holding at 100...it's October! I have heard faint rumors of rain later next week, but not holding my breath.

No clue what to make. I still need to go to the grocery store, and when it's this hot I don't feel like cooking inside or out.

I'm thinking a 'liquid' dinner for tonight
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by DFen911 (It's too hot! The th...)
sounds like a winner, Denise!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's of the Menu, Sat., 10/1 by cjs (sounds like a winner...)
Can't argue with that menu when it's that hot.
Daphne