What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu??

We will be having pork and bean burritos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by cjs (What's on the menu??...)
We steamed a huge head of cabbage yesterday (gotta love those big commercial steamers!), and I have a pan of leftover brisket. I saw a recipe for individual cabbage rolls made in muffin tins, so I'll chop some brisket, cook some rice, add some herbs, and see how it turns out.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by Lorraine (We steamed a huge he...)
We are just having leftover chicken chili and cornbread. Easy for a Monday night!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by Trixxee (We are just having l...)
Not sure about dinner, but this is what's for brunch:

http://pining.blogspot.com/2008/11/shrim...uevos.html
with cranberry mimosas
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by farnfam (Not sure about dinne...)
Well now, don't you know this one is copied!! How was brunch, Cis?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by cjs (Well now, don't you ...)
Lorraine, are you going to put any kind of sauce on those cabbage rolls? They sound yummy.

We having the meatloaf that I made yesterday and didn't use. Have a loaf of "Artisan in 5" on the rise. I love this recipe. It makes it so easy to just cut off a small chunk and make a small loaf for one or two people.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by Mare749 (Lorraine, are you go...)
Oh the brunch was soooo good!! When Jame woke up and came downstairs, I was just ready to add the eggs. He said "What is that amazing aroma?" We really enjoyed it, and it was quite easy to make
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by farnfam (Oh the brunch was so...)
Grilled chicken cordon bleu and Grilled steak fries w/ Dijon mayo, from one of the cuisine grilling cookbooks. Both are delicious.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by farnfam (Oh the brunch was so...)
Sure looks good, Cis!

Jody's here and I had a long day....ate lunch in a meeting and no breaks. So I went with spaghetti. The guys like it and it's pretty painless to make...plus, they're hunting until dark and it holds easily. I've got a little salad, so that's dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 10/3? by Gourmet_Mom (Sure looks good, Cis...)
I've got a couple of sirloin steaks marinating, I think some pasta or potatoes, and peas.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!