The new Cuising for Two???
  Re: (...)
I saw this today and grabbed it - have "we" talked about this one??? There are some great recipes in it and I think it'll be nice for "just us". There are some apple cider mussels that I'm dying to make!!

Of course how much time I have for cooking here depends on how much time I'm going to be in the restaurant.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Harborwitch (I saw this today and...)
Since these darn things aren't numbered in any way, what's on the cover??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Harborwitch (I saw this today and...)
This is Vol 3 with the Greek chicken cutlets on the cover. I've made the following recipes- Beef taquitos, Bacon wrapped pork, crusted pork nuggets, curried crab bisque and the Vol-au-Vents, all delicious! The chocolate brownies on page 94 are next up to try. The Mexican club sandwich looks pretty tasty also. This is a really good cookbook.
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by losblanos1 (This is Vol 3 with t...)
I'm almost positive I have this one but now can't remember. Will have to look for it. I buy all these publications and unless they're right in front of my face I forget about them and then say to myself I don't know what to make for dinner. Ridiculous!
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Trixxee (I'm almost positive ...)
You are so right, Trixxee! After this weekend, I swear I'm getting back to planning! This school year has started off with a bang! Surely it will slow down soon? But I WILL take time to celebrate my BG's 24th birthday this weekend! She and I will have a Girl's Night/Sleepover together tomorrow night! Can't wait! Then all her friends will converge on the farm for a campout Saturday night! I've known some of these kids since they were in elementary school!!!! Mom and Dad will hang out for a bit to see everyone, but we'll leave them to their games and partying early....locking the gate on the way out, of course....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Gourmet_Mom (You are so right, Tr...)
I do have this one - but, haven't made anything out of it yet. I'll keep it out and look thru it. Mexican Club does look good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by cjs (I do have this one -...)
That Mexican Club looks amazing - I think it might go over well down at the restaurant.

There's a lot in this one that I think we'll try.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Harborwitch (That Mexican Club lo...)
I agree, the Mexican club looks good and fun. Perhaps next week. Speaking of bacon, has anyone else noticed how ridiculously expensive it has gotten? A darn 1 lb package of Farmer John bacon was $6.99 the other day! Good gravy.

OK, the only thing I've made from this so far was the chicken vesuvio. It was good. Nothing super fancy but a nice weeknight meal.
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by Trixxee (I agree, the Mexican...)
Quote:

The new Cuising for Two???

What is "cuising"? Do you vocalise as you cook?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: The new Cuising for Two??? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
And I'm reading this thread and thought it said "Cruising for Two" wondering what the heck this publication was all about...

Does sound good, though I haven't seen it in the stores.

PJ
PJ