B&B questions for you all
  Re: (...)
Just a few questions for those of you who travel and stay in hotels etc:

Do you ever book into B&B's? If not, why not?

What's the max you would spend for one night?

Do you expect a full breakfast, or is continental ok?

What do you really look for in a B&B? Likes/dislikes etc.

Thanks, folks. I really appreciate all feedback.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: B&B questions for you all by Lorraine (Just a few questions...)
I love B&B's! The max I would spend would probably be around $150. I do expect a full breakfast (and note...have had some WONDERFUL ones!). I look for location, do they have nice gardens or close to places I can walk to. Most have a history behind them which is nice. I also want a private bathroom, some have 2 rooms share one, I guess if you knew the folks in the other room it wouldn't be bad to share.

I like when they have a nice public seating area so you can sit and read and/or they have something going on so you can meet the other folks and mingle. We were at one and each evening she served port and some cheese and crackers.
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by DFen911 (I love B&B's! The ma...)
So, if you had a fabulous private bathroom, a nice porch to sit on, and they gave you wine/appetizers etc, you would like it? Is a full breakfast versus a continental breakfast a deal breaker?
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by Lorraine (So, if you had a fab...)
I think most days I would want a continental or light breakfast - but heartier, healthier or fresher than you would get at a hotel that has continental breakfasts. Oatmeal, nice pastries but only one or two choices, good coffee, good quality yogurt, and/or an egg dish. That would cover all options for my family. Maybe a full breakfast offered on Weekends/Sunday.

I like my own bathroom.

I have only ever stayed at a few. I just don't have the time to research them/find them. I usually need the location to be close to some event or area I am in.

I did go to a weekend crafting/scrapbooking B&B. We got a lot of friends together and booked the house. They set up tables for us so we could just leave our stuff out for the weekend. Check in Friday night/ pizza dinner included. Breakfast and lunch on Saturday provided and Sunday breakfast. It was fun.

I don't think I would pay more that 150 a night either.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by esgunn (I think most days I ...)
Thanks, Erin.
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by Lorraine (Thanks, Erin....)
I should have asked, for those who have never stayed in one, what would you look for? Thanks
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by Lorraine (I should have asked,...)
Lorraine, I should mention that most hotels we stay in (usually gymnastics travel relate) are $100 to $130 range.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by esgunn (Lorraine, I should ...)
Just a few questions for those of you who travel and stay in hotels etc:

Do you ever book into B&B's? If not, why not?

We love to find B&Bs when we don't have the trailer with us. I think we're like a lot of folks who look for a B&B with a Victorian feel, just seems more interesting.

What's the max you would spend for one night?

If Roy pays, he won't go over $150, but I've paid up to $200 and let him know later.....

Do you expect a full breakfast, or is continental ok?
I love when the hosts offer something, maybe 1 or 2 dishes that are unique the their area and something I wouldn't normally make at home. One in Port Townsend offered Pumpkin hotcakes and they were great! Not a big selection, just perfectly done dish or two. and fruit. Oh, and one in Yakima area had a community table so three couples of us sat together and got acquainted - it was fun and interesting.

What do you really look for in a B&B? Likes/dislikes etc.
I love when the room has books to browse through and to take to a wonderful cozy spot indoors or outdoors to sit and enjoy, read some, talk some, drink some. A private bathroom is important also - when you get old, you're up more and more and more.....

And interesting things to do within walking distance. One we stayed in in Yakima, told us to pick all the cherries and apples we wanted as we were leaving.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by cjs (Just a few questions...)
I've only stayed in two. The best one was in Nantucket. I agree on everyone' pricing. We paid 150 with private bath. They provided bikes, which was nice since the waterfront was a ways away. There was only a continental breakfast, but the coffee was excellent. There was wine and apps in the afternoon....nice.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: B&B questions for you all by Gourmet_Mom (I've only stayed in ...)
I would say the reason I want the full breakfast is that most hotels do the whole continental thing. B&B's are a specialty place to stay. I know that the last couple we stayed had various breakfast options.

Are you guys thinking about opening one?