Labs, Anon subjects
  Re: (...)
Labs why, out of 50 anon searches why would 40 be looking at a thread from March--St Paddys Day? Some sort of hacking? I don't know--just seems unusual.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Labs, Anon subjects by Old Bay (Labs why, out of 50 ...)
If I knew the thread, I could try to look for clues within it, but it's hard to say. If it's THIS ONE, I don't see anything obvious other than a possible (though very remote) connection between the Guinness that's mentioned a few times and the recent Oktoberfest. LOL!

Brian (or whoever is the actual "systems administrator" - not just forum administrator) would be able to look at the server logs to see the referring URLs from which those people got to that thread, including search-engine keywords. That would help if people really were looking for something that also happened to relate to that thread. The logs would also show if all those "anons" were actually people or not. It's possible a number of search-engine spiders, or some other bots happened to be indexing the site (and that page, in particular) at the time you were looking at the "anon" list.

Yes, it COULD be some kind of hacking attempt, but it would be more likely for people to try hacking through the login or search pages (the login page to try to break in and the search page to try to slow the system down), rather than through a message thread page.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Labs, Anon subjects by labradors (If I knew the thread...)
Yeah, I've always wondered how their could be 50 anons viewing posters' profiles.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Labs, Anon subjects by BarbaraS (Yeah, I've always wo...)
Quote:

Yeah, I've always wondered how their could be 50 anons viewing posters' profiles.

Those would probably be spambots looking to harvest email addresses from unsuspecting users who naively entered something in the "Email address (displayed in profile)" field.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?