Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind....
  Re: (...)
My work has been off the walls lately. I had a busy few weeks, then Hell weekend hit. A full day on Thursday, then a plated dinner for 150 that night. A full day on Friday, with a plated for 124 at lunch, then cocktail parties, all the regular lunch jobs, then a full plated for 420 Friday night. Very VIP, it was gorgeous! Saturday, a BBQ for 700, a tailgate for 100, 2 cocktail parties, some box lunches, other things, then a wedding for 124. Sunday off. Breathe. Monday, 335 plated lunch. Other stuff, normal day on top of it all.

Whoosh. All done without my boss who is on medical leave. That means my chef and I were doing all this with the occasional student help. Glad it's over.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by pjcooks (My work has been off...)
Whew, I'm breathless reading this!!!! But, tell us, any wonderful dishes you need to tell us about in all of these marvelous offerings??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by cjs (Whew, I'm breathless...)
All pretty standard stuff, Jean, you know the drill, but I was very happy with our salad for the plated for the 420 on Fri. We did a roasted turnip, roasted carrot ,white bean and fresh herbs,a little OO, in buttercup lettuce leaves. very pretty and very tasty. Also labor intensive. I know you've been there!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by pjcooks (All pretty standard ...)
Wow, you're making my head spin! No wonder you haven't been around. Well, we all sure do miss you PJ, so hope you will get a break soon and can join us again!

That salad sounds wonderful. I'm going to borrow that idea!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by pjcooks (All pretty standard ...)
OMG--can you come to Texas? We have work for someone like you!!! You can set up your own catering service or restaurant. I am so impressed!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by Old Bay (OMG--can you come to...)
Cool, PJ!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by labradors (Cool, PJ!...)
WOW! I'm impressed! I hope you are nearing Spring Break and get a chance to breathe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! I'm impressed!...)
hmmm, I do have a bean salad similar, but never thought to add a turnip - good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by cjs (hmmm, I do have a be...)
The salad sounds fabulous! Hope you get a bit of down time!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Trying to catch up but I'm so far behind.... by Lorraine (The salad sounds fab...)
Being in the middle of weeks like that is so incredibly stressful. I am always so worried that I am going to forget something, or overlook something really stupid. We have a wedding for 190 on Saturday and as much as I have tried to drill into the servers that I need to be told if they break something, when I counted salad plates I have 191 left. And the soup cups seem to have disappeared. Ditto water goblets. It makes me crazy. Its all those little details that will trip you up. I am in awe of anyone who can pull off a series of huge events like that and still be standing at the end of it. And still have some sanity left, much less any sort of sense of humor.