What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm doing a butternut squash soup and maybe split a sandwich - nothing exciting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Our soup was so good yesterday that I'm thinking of just having that again and maybe making little club sliders for a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by Mare749 (Our soup was so good...)
"cauliflower, so am thinking I'll make a creamed soup with that, add some leeks, and maybe some cheese and a sprinkle of bacon on top."

Is this what you made the soup of? sounds tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by cjs ("cauliflower, so am ...)
A/C is on the fritz again (during a pretty bad heat wave) so I'm not even turning a burner on. I'm going to pick up some El Pollo Loco for chicken tacos.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by Trixxee (A/C is on the fritz ...)
"Better than mom's chicken and noodles" in the crock pot.

New recipe. Hope it is good. I need to find a bag of frozen noodles though. It also has parsnips - I have never eaten a parsnip. Something new to try!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by esgunn ("Better than mom's c...)
Hot turkey sandwiches and oven fries. Would love to see the chicken and noodles recipe!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by Lorraine (Hot turkey sandwiche...)
I couldn't decide, but when I checked.....I found that shrimp were on sale. So we'll be having Roasted Shrimp Scampi on pasta with something green.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I couldn't decide, b...)
I'll let you know if it was good and post the recipe after dinner. So far it is starting to smell good!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by esgunn (I'll let you know if...)
I've put pork chops and apple slices in the crockpot for our dinner. Have leftover oven roasted potatoes from yesterday and will add some green beans.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/13?? by esgunn (I'll let you know if...)
Salmon with champagne butter sauce, Asparagus and for dessert Poached pear with chocolate ganache, sliced almonds and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Even though I found my Christmas dessert (Panna Cotta), I couldn't pass this recipe up, it looks really good.