What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We have leftovers from the steak, so think I'll do fajitas. Oh, wanted to say, the potatoes were just wonderful. Dug up, washed and chunked and they were crunchy when I cut thru them. How often can we get tatoes that fresh?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to try and do that Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears now that the pears have ripened somewhat. Man!! It took over a week for the skin to just "give".

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by BarbaraS (I'm going to try and...)
Either kielbasa and sauerkraut, or I have a small pot roast. It's fall here!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by Lorraine (Either kielbasa and ...)
"kielbasa and sauerkraut," oh man, Roy can be there in no time!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by cjs ("kielbasa and sauerk...)
Carne asada tacos with homemade guacamole. Probably some "smashed" pinto beans as well.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by Trixxee (Carne asada tacos wi...)
Jane's birthday was the 13th--we had a nice lunch out. She wanted to stay home this weekend, soooo we picked up two large lobster tails from Sam's. A few months ago I cut up a beef tenderloin into filets, chunks for stroganoff, and a chateau briand (sp?). We have the CB left--Surf & Turf!!! A bernaise sauce for the meat and drawn butter for the lobster (leftover lobster for rolls at brunch tomorrow). Fresh fingerling potatoes from Colorado (a gift) and steamed asparagus. A nice chablis to start and a friendly pinot noir to finish.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by Trixxee (Carne asada tacos wi...)
Heading out to an apple farm. Hopefully the apples are good this year. Will probably stop at some little country inn on the way home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by Mare749 (Heading out to an ap...)
Sorry Lorraine, we're headed to Bill & Jane's instead.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by cjs (Sorry Lorraine, we'r...)
Fickle friend! lol Can't say as I blame you, pick me up on the way! I've been craving lobster for months!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat., 10/15?? by Old Bay (Jane's birthday was ...)
Tonight, we're having Peppered beef filets with hasselback potatoes and apple vol au vents for dessert. My wife is doing the cooking, a rare night off for me (although I am making the potatoes & dessert).
I told her we could go to Texas for some Châteaubriand and lobster, she's tempted, but no, she is happy to have the kitchen to herself.