Thanks Maryann!!
  Re: (...)
Maryann had the best idea playing with pizza dough. She used my bread flour dough to form focaccia, baked it 'Cuban style' - placed on a pizza pan, put in cold oven, turn oven to 400° and bake for 30 minutes.

Well, as we all know, I am susceptible to CRS daily and I mis-read the dough she used. A couple weeks ago I did this using sourdough pizza dough. Yesterday, I started another batch of sourdough to make more and realized she uses Bread flour. duh so, this morning I made a batch of the bread flour also to compare.

I love the bread dough better than the sourdough, but they are both good.

The Bread flour is on the left/sourdough on the right
[Image: BreadDoandSourDoFocacia.jpg]

Also made a couple of 'Kaiser' rolls to test, but haven't tried them yet.
Sourdough on the left/Bread Flour dough on right
[Image: SourDoandBreadflourKaiserrollsOct17.jpg]

Just love doing this and the bread holds up so well for messy sandwiches. So, thanks again, Maryann!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thanks Maryann!! by cjs (Maryann had the best...)
OMG, Jean, I'm flabbergasted! Thank you so much for letting me know that this little experiment was a success for you! I'm not much of a baker but have grown so fond of making bread in the last few years and like to experiment.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Mare749 (OMG, Jean, I'm flabb...)
I have GOT to get back into baking. My cooking has really been slacking since school started.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Gourmet_Mom (I have GOT to get ba...)
Oh, I wonder why??? C'mon Daphne, give yourself a break! I won't be seeing much of Holly until the Christmas holidays. It's just the way it is at the start of the school year. Teachers DO NOT have an easy job! Big hugs!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thanks Maryann!! by Mare749 (Oh, I wonder why??? ...)
that's for darn sure - I always hate when you (all) go back to work...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com