What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

I'm roasting a chix for leftovers to put in the trailer freezer - we're getting out of town in a few days. (as soon as we see the proof from the printer). I think I'll make the pasta salad Sharon mentioned.

Can't afford to go south this year, so we'll make a few shorter trips around here. On our way to eastern WA - stop and see Sharon & Bob and do some wine tasting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm going to try "slow cooker chicken with cilantro and lime". You also add salsa and a packet of fajita or taco mix (though I will just make my own so I can control the sodium). I have a bag of this really good frozen rice mixture from TJ's - Chimmichurri Rice. So we can just have the chicken over the rice or make tacos.

Got the general idea for the chicken from Erin.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by Trixxee (I'm going to try "sl...)
I'm making beef and peppers in the crockpot. I'll go home for lunch to get it started otherwise, the cooking time is too long.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making beef and ...)
Trixxee - we all need to know more about this after you enjoy it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by cjs (Trixxee - we all nee...)
Pizza dough rising mmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by farnfam (Pizza dough rising m...)
Quote:

Pizza dough rising mmmm

Yes, please!

Our dinner has changed about three times today. I was going to cook a turkey breast, then I put some venison in the crockpot for tomorrow and thought about using it today, but I want to simmer it longer, so now it's going to be an Italian meat loaf that my dad bought at the local culinary school that sells their wares. Adding to that some mixed vegs, mashed potatoes, gravy, and homemade bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Beef Stroganoff and peas, here.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I have no idea - we need to go to the store, maybe something will strike me! Or it's leftover moussaka.

I'm so excited! Just let me know what day!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by Harborwitch (I have no idea - we ...)
Salmon salad BLT. Mmmmmm......
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 10/18?? by losblanos1 (Salmon salad BLT. Mm...)
Made Picky grilled cheese sandwiches, not very creative but it was what he wanted!

PJ
PJ