Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers
  Re: (...)
Laura tasted a new appie at a dinner party and passed along an hors d’oeurve that was offered. I couldn't wait for the proper ingredients, so went with what I had on hand last night. Delicious!

Combine 1/2 cup Blueberry jam with 1 T. prepared horseradish. Spread a cracker with softened Brie and top with the jam mixture.

[Image: HorseradishJamandBriecrackers.jpg]

I had to improvise - used red currant jam and camembert cheese and it was really delicious. Will try again with the proper ingred. also.

Now, I have just enough camembert to try Cis's hors d’oeurve!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by cjs (Laura tasted a new a...)
It looks great! I wonder how it would work using a wine jam/jelly?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by Lorraine (It looks great! I w...)
So beautiful in it's simplicity!
  Re: Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by Trixxee (So beautiful in it's...)
using a wine jam/jelly? - I would think so.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by cjs (using a wine jam/jel...)
Oh that is such a yummy idea. Love the wine jelly option too. I was thinking I might want to add a bit of that ready serve bacon.
Jean, can't wait to hear what you think
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by farnfam (Oh that is such a yu...)
Oh crap, Cis! Laura - add some bacon
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Horseradish, Brie & Jam on Crackers by cjs (Oh crap, Cis! Laura ...)
I like the sound of this. Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.