What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having BLTs with that beautiful Heirloom I picked earlier this week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trying to empty the freezwe here. I pulled a pack of thick cut pork butt steaks that we had rubbed with his 'Canadian Rub" and frozen. Have lima beans quick cooking, will add enchilada sauce and some veg and put it in the cazuela to slow cook.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by Lorraine (Trying to empty the ...)
It's book club night here ... I'm not hosting, so I'll enjoy whatever I'm served.

We read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. It was good, I also liked Morton's book The House at Riverton.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by HomeCulinarian (It's book club night...)
I think we're just having sauteed chicken breasts sprinkled with gorgonzola and chives. Smashed potatoes and asparagus as sides. Asparagus is down to $1.49/lb!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by Trixxee (I think we're just h...)
We're having venison steak/stew that I made yesterday. I'm thinking of putting it over rice.

Thanks for the book tip, Jeannette. I keep forgetting to update my bookshelf on shelfari and also to check what others are reading. Going there now!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by Mare749 (We're having venison...)
We're having tortilla soup and Mexican grilled cheese sandwiches. It's really cold here today, so I'm looking forward to some soup.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by karyn (We're having tortill...)
Nicky had a tooth pulled today . We are just having spaghetti with sauce from a jar. I am also trying to hold off a cold. Ready for bed and it is only 2:30.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by esgunn (Nicky had a tooth pu...)
Cubano burgers tonight. I'm trying to talk myself into making onion rings as a side dish, but I'm failing.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by losblanos1 (Cubano burgers tonig...)
Quote:

I'm trying to talk myself into making onion rings as a side dish, but I'm failing.

Try THESE (with the optional chili powder), instead. Fantastic!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/19?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We were going to have chili prawns tonight. but... we realized the date and splurged on an incredible lunch at a "Bistro" in Moses Lake. House made chips. with a Blue cheese cream sauce swirled with Sriarcha & blue cheese crumbles for an appie. Then we had Snake River Kobe beef "Broadway Burgers" on biroche with peppered bacon and warm blue cheese cream sauce and blue cheese crumbles - served with more "chips". We each had a glass of Girly Girly Merlot that was PERFECT with it all.

Needless to say we brought home leftovers. So I get out of cooking dinner tonight too! . . . . and the funniest part of this was we had completely forgotten it was our anniversary
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!