What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

don't know here - maybe I'll get inspired reading your ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I never did make dinner last night as I was so full from a sushi lunch - I only had two handrolls and four other slices of a roll. Really, that's not all that much for me! Turned out best though - Michael had one heck of a load of homework that he needed help on. If I had to cook and clean up, things would have been tense. I don't ever want to hear about Popocatepetl and Ixtlaccihuatl again!

So tonight it's chicken topped with blue cheese & chives, smashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by Trixxee (I never did make din...)
"I don't ever want to hear about Popocatepetl and Ixtlaccihuatl again!"

Dare I ask, what the heck is that/those???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by cjs ("I don't ever want t...)
Here it is in a nutshell. They are two volcanoes in Mexico. Michael is studying myths, legends, folklore, etc. I wanted to poke my eyes out at the end. I can't even pronounce the darn things! And apparently neither can anyone else - they are nicknamed Popo and Ixtla. LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popocat%C3%...C3%ADhuatl
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by Trixxee (Here it is in a nuts...)
Tonights dinner: Chicken cutlets with an almond-butter sauce and steamed asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by losblanos1 (Tonights dinner: Chi...)
Trixxee, it is so hard to get kids not to stress over the pronunciation of a proper noun. I tell them and tell them, and they will still come ask me. I tell them it's Timbuktu, for all I know. They never get it....LOL!

The cold front finally moved in....WOW! What a difference! Perfect soup weather! We're having our old favorite, Lasagna Soup! It's sitting there waiting for William to get home from hunting. Just need to bring to a boil, add pasta and spinach, and dinner is served. Oh, and I have garlic bread to throw in, too. (No, I didn't make it.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, it is so ha...)
We ended up having the test frozen Pork and Bean Burritos from the new book - freeze great! And, I put a little packet of homemade refried beans in with the burritos, so what an easy oven dinner.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, it is so ha...)
Quote:

Trixxee, it is so hard to get kids not to stress over the pronunciation of a proper noun. I tell them and tell them, and they will still come ask me. I tell them it's Timbuktu, for all I know. They never get it....LOL!

Funnily enough he was reading about Timuktu last night as well for his African chapter in Social Studies! LOL.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Wow, it's a lesson in itself for pronunciation and forget spelling!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. 10/20?? by cjs (Wow, it's a lesson i...)
Hehehe. When I was a kid, my favourite word to spring upon someone in a game of hangman was "Reykjavík."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?