T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

I'm thawing some Clam and Corn chowder - we'll be on the road. First stop Yakima for wine tasting and see some folks I went thru school with. And, the fishing poles are packed.

Haven't been anywhere in the trailer since January, so I'm really antsy to get out of here! Interesting item on the ballot up here - voting to rid ourselves of State liquor stores, should be interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hubby made some soup using our garden surplus, so we'll have that before the Friday night dance.

Have fun on the road, Jean!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by HomeCulinarian (Hubby made some soup...)
It's cold and rainy here, so am thinking about soup too. going to look through both Cuisine soup books for inspiration.

Have a safe and fun trip, Jean. Be sure to hug Sharon for us!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Chili Prawn tonight with sesame noodles with veggies and BBQ pork.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by Harborwitch (Chili Prawn tonight ...)
Have fun Jean! Will you check in from the road?

We are having scallops with a sundried tomato buerre blanc sauce, served over spinach. Can't really think of side dish so I think it'll just be garlic bread. I'd pretty much rather have good bread than most other starches on any given day.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by Trixxee (Have fun Jean! Will...)
Teriyaki Chicken in the crock pot.

I sure hope it passes this time, Jean. I hate all the commercials with everyone bending the truth to their side on who will be affected. And last night a commercial was blasting Costco for the whole thing.

Have fun Jean! Travel safe and enjoy your time on the road. Hope you find some sun on the other side of the mountains.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by Trixxee (Have fun Jean! Will...)
One of my favorite road trips is through Washington's wine country, it's beautiful down there. Have a great trip.

Tonight's dinner is Essential steak by Cuisine. Pan fried NY strip steak with a balsamic reduction and bleu cheese sprinkled on top, this will be my 40th time making this (yes, I counted ). Steamed asparagus for a side.

Edited to add: I'm voting FOR I-1183
Last Friday I bought a cooked duck half to let my hubby have a taste of tonight to see if I get to cook a whole one in the future. Then he's also having chicken fingers.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by BarbaraS (Last Friday I bought...)
Green Tomato soup, corn bread and leftover beef stew.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/21?? by piano226 (Green Tomato soup, c...)
Have a safe trip, Roy and Jean. Check in when you can. And have fun!

I picked up a rib eye and baked potato at the store. I've got salad already.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.