Pumpkin Raviolli - Sauce?
  Re: (...)
I bought some frozen pumpkin ravioli from our local Italian market and am shying away from a browned butter/sage sauce which seems to be the usual match.

What other kind of sauce could I top it with? What about good old alfredo?
  Re: Pumpkin Raviolli - Sauce? by Trixxee (I bought some frozen...)
The butter sauce for Jean's Roasted Butternut Squash Penne Al Burro would work....basically butter, cream and parm whipped together and tossed with the hot pasta and roasted squash. Although, to me, the sage in the squash part is what makes it. So your alfredo may be more to your liking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pumpkin Raviolli - Sauce? by Gourmet_Mom (The butter sauce for...)
Hmm, I agree with Daphne. Or, maybe a bechamel with a hint of garlic & cilantro, curry, or lightly flavored with bleu cheese.

This sounds really good, also -
Pumpkin Ravioli with Pears and Prosciutto

If you can’t find pumpkin ravioli, any cheese-filled ravioli will work fine.

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
2 ripe but firm pears, peeled, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
1/4 cup heavy cream
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound pumpkin or cheese-filled ravioli
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto. Cook until crisp. Add pears. Cook until beginning to soften. Stir in sage and cream. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat.

Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.

Add ravioli to skillet. Return skillet to medium heat. Toss gently to coat with sauce, adding some of pasta cooking liquid if sauce seems to thick. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

-----

Shoot, now I have to look for pumpkin ravioli.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pumpkin Raviolli - Sauce? by cjs (Hmm, I agree with Da...)
Thanks girls! I'm not so much against the sage, it's the brown butter that I wanted to shy away from. I think I'm craving cream. LOL.

Love the prosciutto idea and I will probably toss in a handful of peas (more for color than anything).