Monday 10/24 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
I didn't see a post so thought I'd stick my foot out there and trip you all up??? What's on the menu?

We're reinventing a pepper soup, a chicken breast in an onion cream gravy, a part of a bag of peas, and some noodles into a casserole.

Tomorrow is going to be wonderful - we're having company!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (I didn't see a post ...)
Oh boy! Company sounds fun! Would we know this company, by chance? LOL!

I had to work the Fall Festival tonight, so I only got a hot dog with canned chili and store bought slaw and a pack of chips. OIY! School cafeteria chicken nuggets and cold flavorless fries will add insult to injury tomorrow for lunch. Like working until 8 pm tonight and getting home around 9 wasn't bad enough?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh boy! Company sou...)
Company ???? Did I say company??? I'm so excited! Plans plans plans!

I guess a hot dog with canned chile and a bag of chips isn't too bad, could be worse I think I'd stick a bottle of tabasco in my purse tomorrow - it cures everything.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (Company ???? [img]/...)
French food tonight. French dip sandwich with Pommes Frites.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by losblanos1 (French food tonight....)
I know what I want to say but my French escapes me!
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by Harborwitch (I know what I want t...)
Ce qui est sur votre esprit?
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by losblanos1 (Ce qui est sur votre...)
Thanks for starting the thread, Sharon!! When I checked in last night, I realized I had forgoten, but it was so late then......

We had so much fun at lunch yesterday, got together with 2 old school chums, one I've talked about before who is the wine manager at Yakima's Costco and Marilee, who is doing the BookBlatherBlog. What fun!

Durella's lunch had sweet potato tots as a side and I was so glad she ordered them so I could see how they were (geez....LEFTOVERS Part II????????? ) These will be fun to play with.
[Image: DurellasSwtTatoTots.jpg]

Marilee and I each had Aisan Nachos and they were very good, but the 'advertised' Wasabi Coleslaw with Thai Peanut Sauce just wasn't spicy enough for either of us. But, worth playing with -
[Image: CIMG1580-1.jpg]

But, the food was secondary anyway!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by cjs (Thanks for starting ...)
Looks delectable, Jean! We had Erin's slow cooker teriyaki chicken. We loved it. My husband definitely said to make it again.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by cjs (Thanks for starting ...)
jean, those Tater Tots look fabulous! Was the onside cooked and mashed? Would love to try making these. i had bacon wrapped scallops that needed cooking, so thought we would have them as an appetizer. Ate so many, they became supper.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/24 Dinner?? by Lorraine (jean, those Tater To...)
Yes, mashed sweet potatoes, so perfect for leftovers, Lorraine! I'm thinking add a little binder and shape like gnocchi. Maybe roll in cornstarch before frying? hmmmmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com