Sharon Made Goodies!
  Re: (...)
We sure had a nice dinner last night, thanks to Sharon - She made a delicious asparagus soup and beet raviolis.

She served the soup with truffle oil and a sprinkling of black sea salt (she'll have to tell you exactly what it was)
[Image: AsparagusSoup3.jpg]
Which was excellent with a dry riesling.

Then she moved on to finishing the beet raviolis -
[Image: BeetRavioli1.jpg]

and the raviolis with steak and caramelized onions - pictures a little iffy - Sharon made me drink too much wine.
[Image: BeetRavioliandsteak2.jpg]

We had a good visit and we'll probably go exploring today. By the way, this place where they are working is just gorgeous with beautiful views all around.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by cjs (We sure had a nice d...)
Very nice!!!!
  Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by cjs (We sure had a nice d...)
Those pictures look great! I think I could eat those ravioli a couple times a week. The dinner was so much fun, good wine, good food, and good friends. Perfection!

Mind is wandering - "beet ravioli 3 ways" the ones like last night, a beet & cheese filled ravioli you posted a while back (yummy little goodies), and ravioli made with beets in the dough and filling with beet greens and feta.

Might have to play with that. Now time for a shower.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by Harborwitch (Those pictures look ...)
Wow, Sharon! You sure can put on a great meal even in a limited confined space. Dinner looks fabulous!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, Sharon! You su...)
Now that is a beautiful spread!
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, Sharon! You su...)
Hey I just took food to Jean . . . she plated and heated and cooked the steak & onions.

Those "ravioli" are to die for!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by Harborwitch (Hey I just took food...)
Sharon, magic with beets is impossible--stop trying to impress me, please!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by Old Bay (Sharon, magic with b...)
Looks wonderful. Where are the recipes???
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by HomeCulinarian (Looks wonderful. Wh...)
OMG! I can't imagine Beet Raviolis!! I would love to try that, Hubby doesn't do many assorted veggies.

I just discovered this thing called "Love Beets" at Wegman's that are baby beets marinated in various spices/sauces. I read about them in the NYT F&D section afterI saw them and picked up a package last week.

Expensive - yes, $2.99 for 8 beets. I got the "SweetFire Infused" ones to try as a wag. Tasty, but expensive.

So the question I have is, can you buy canned whole beets and "infuse" them with flavors? Has anyone done this? Did I hijack this thread?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sharon Made Goodies! by BarbaraS (OMG! I can't imagin...)
"Did I hijack this thread?" - Yes, you did, but isn't that why God made threads??????

Interesting idea - infusing canned beets. Why not, maybe not infuse, but certainly marinate them. Guess I'd better google 'love beets'.

Jeannette, the filling for the beets is one of the Boursin cheeses, but I can't remember the flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com