Bacon Chicken
  Re: (...)
Going thru recipes collected on the trailer computer and ran across this one - have no idea who/what bunny's oven or whatever it says is, but this sounds like something to play with.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon Chicken

6 slices bacon
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 boneless -- skinless chicken breasts
1 onion -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Cook bacon in 12" skillet until crisp, about 4-6 minutes. Crumble bacon and set aside. Pour bacon grease out of skillet, but don't wash or wipe it. Add butter and olive oil to skillet. Saute chicken breasts in this mixture over medium heat, turning once, until chicken is cooked and no longer pink in center. Place chicken in ungreased 12x8" baking dish.

Cook onion and garlic in drippings remaining in skillet. Cook until onion is softened, then stir in salt, pepper, and cooked bacon. Spoon over chicken breasts and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted. Serves 6

Bunny's Warm oven

http://sites.google.com/site/bunnyswarmo...on-chicken

Description:
"Bunny's Warm oven"
S(Internet Address):
"http://sites.google.com/site/bunnyswarmoven/bacon-chicken"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bacon Chicken by cjs (Going thru recipes c...)
We did something similar for a wedding a few weeks ago, and they were fabulous.

OOOps, should have read the recipe all the way throiugh before commenting. We wrapped the bacon around the chicken. Great combination.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bacon Chicken by Lorraine (We did something sim...)
It sure did look good. I went to the site. I'll have to give these a try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bacon Chicken by Lorraine (We did something sim...)
Sounds really good. We would like that with a side of rice and some stewed tomatoes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."