T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're on the road this a.m., so will have tortilla wrapped hot dogs and l/o pasta salad for dinner.

Forgot to mention Sharon's Pig Wings - we sat at the bar the other day with a couple orders with waffle fries. The wings are sure good. I was pleasantly surprised to see the smaller size of the 'wings' much smaller than we had in Yakima a while back. But, much better size for an appie. Now, will have to find a supplier in Port Angeles - I'd love to have a bag in the freezer (crap, here I go filling it again..... ) for this winter.

Also, all the guys came home from fishing with was freezing a$$es!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/28?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Speaking of wings, it's what I'm having for dinner! BBQ and Hot'n Honey from a bar known for their jumbo wings. The BBQ sauce was more of a "plum" sauce than a BBQ sauce. Never had the "Hot 'n Honey", but it's a combo of their regular hot sauce and honey.

So I bring the wings home and they're not as "jumbo" as I remember. (could only eat two, they were so big) The BBQ sauce is now more BBQ than it used to be. Sigh. I hate when they change up the foods.

There is a place 10 minutes from us that was featured on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" - the Jughandle Inn in Pennsauken, NJ, for their wings. But they get crazy busy Friday afternoon. Their wings are awesome, especially the Garlic ones. And if you're into hot-hot-hot, they have the "Bald Eagles" that will melt ceramic crowns. True story, you have to sign a waiver.

Chow on! And TGIF!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/28?? by BarbaraS (Speaking of wings, i...)
Tonight it's NY strip steak with brandy mushroom sauce, Brussels sprouts and Red grape Waldorf salad.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/28?? by BarbaraS (Speaking of wings, i...)
I'm not sure what we're having. My mind is blank! I have pumpkin bread in the oven - so we'll see after that is done.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/28?? by Harborwitch (I'm not sure what we...)
I wound up helping at the restaurant for a while. We snacked on some goodies that were on tonight. Yummy - marinated shrimps (I'll have to get the recipe to share), some chowder, and ???? It was really good.

I thawed some skirt steak - I guess that'll be tomorrow night!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!