Winter Storm Watch
  Re: (...)
It's not even November , and we are under a Winter Storm Watch from today through Saturday. We can expect high winds, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. We've had colder weather this week than we did as few winters ago.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Winter Storm Watch by Lorraine (It's not even Novemb...)
Weird, isn't it? It was down to 36 last night and not much warmer this morning. Sure wish autumn lasted longer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by Mare749 (Weird, isn't it? It...)
Autumn here is tourism time, they come to see the folliage. The trees in the Church courtyard across the street from us were spectacular yesterday. This morning they are all on the ground.
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by Lorraine (Autumn here is touri...)
It's colder than h*ll here also. And, the foliage is absolutely beautiful around here - no need for us to go to New England, that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by cjs (It's colder than h*l...)
It is a little nippy this morning!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by Harborwitch (It is a little nippy...)
Well, it has now been upgraded to a warning. I brought in all the plants I want to save.
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by Lorraine (Well, it has now bee...)
I'm not surprised, Lorraine. I haven't talked to YS, but they have already had snow. Very early, even for them. It's in the 50's here this afternoon and expecting mid 40's tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not surprised, L...)
Yeah, can you believe this??! For the life of me, I cannot remember if we ever had snow before Halloween.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by BarbaraS (Yeah, can you believ...)
Well, we're expecting 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow. Yikes, before Halloween. Even though it's Homecoming, I don't have to work tomorrow. Overtime,you know. Will shop in the morning and hunker down. Still too many leaves on the trees (we've had a warm fall) so power outages are a given.

Hope this isn't the course the winter will take....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Winter Storm Watch by pjcooks (Well, we're expectin...)
Well, we have rain mixed with flurries going on right now.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.