Braised Corned Beef
  Re: (...)
Can anyone tell me why/if it is important to drain the water every hour of cooking for the recipe in Cuisine April 1999? Would it work just to let it stay in the same water?
  Re: Braised Corned Beef by betts (Can anyone tell me w...)
Welcome to the forum, betts - I'm on the road with no magazines, but someone will be by before long to help you out. Off the top of my head, tho, I can't see why the request that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Braised Corned Beef by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
I'm sorry. I don't have that issue. I will try a search to see if anybody has posted anything about that. Welcome to the forum, BTW.

I just finished checking. No luck. Hopefully, someone else will help.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Braised Corned Beef by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry. I don't ...)
Thanks!
  Re: Braised Corned Beef by betts (Can anyone tell me w...)
I just read the preamble to the recipe and it says that it is so it is not just cooking in salt water. You are discarding the salty water and adding fresh water in so it will not be so salty.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Braised Corned Beef by esgunn (I just read the prea...)
That's what I thought it might be. I guess it's been a long time since I read the whole thing! Thanks!
  Re: Re: Braised Corned Beef by betts (That's what I though...)
Glad someone had the answer, Betts. Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to jump into any of our discussions at any time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Braised Corned Beef by labradors (Glad someone had the...)
I just soak in ice cold water and rinse really well if I think the corned beef might be really salty. Never had a problem.

Welcome Betts! Hope that you'll stick around and join the happy gang here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!