What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We're headed home today and I feel like hell - don't know what it is about going home, last trip I was sick the last couple days........so, maybe milk toast when we get there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Sorry to hear that, Jean. Better lay low for a few days. We'll hold down the fort.

Dinner tonight is an extension of the mystery meal, leftover apps and two new dishes. This has been fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by Mare749 (Sorry to hear that, ...)
Sorry you are not doing well. There is a lot of gunk going around. We are on round 2 of a cold, head thing in this house. We all got flue shots/mist on Monday. Maybe we picked up something while in the Drs office.

Hope you are on this side of the mountains - at least before the snow hits (in the mountains). Sure is cold this morning! Got a frost last night.

No idea what is for dinner. It is a big day for us tomorrow but I am not supposed to post anything about it. So we will be busy tiding up the house and getting school done today.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by esgunn (Sorry you are not do...)
I guess it's that time of the year for chest colds and general gunk. Almost half of my department has been sick over the last three weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed for myself.

I think a friend is taking me to dinner tonight. Not sure where but I may request Thai if given the option. Then I'm watching the first episode of the new Top Chef! It's all Texas this season!
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by cheesemonger (I guess it's that ti...)
I'll have to see if I get Top Chef with my DirectTv plan. Thanks for the heads up, Allison.

We've got church...serving spaghetti. I can't imagine it's anything more than the jarred stuff and hamburger. I just hope the cook isn't pepper happy. The chili a few weeks ago was almost in edible with big chunks of green bell pepper. That with the excess heat made it a most unpleasant experience.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to see if ...)
Tonight it's grilled beef tenderloin and prawns with choron sauce. Asparagus for a side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's grilled...)
Quote:

Tonight it's grilled beef tenderloin and prawns with choron sauce. Asparagus for a side.

Sounds wonderful, Blane, but what is choron sauce?

Jean, I hope you feel better soon!

Erin, I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you as you tidy up.

We're having a veal stew with red bell peppers and onions. It smells delicious right now.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's grilled...)
A friend's elementary school is having a fundraiser tonight with a bunch of food trucks so my husband is going to stop by there on his way home to see if there is anything to our liking (to go) and to put in an appearance. Michael and I will be bogged down with homework. It's getting worse and worse. Can't wait for Thanksgiving week break.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by Trixxee (A friend's elementar...)
Hang in there Trixxee!

I totally forgot to wish you well, Jean. Hopefully, it's mild and short-lived.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed., 11/2?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Hope you feel better soon, Jean! Nothing fancy for me, just some spaghetti squash topped with sauteed summer squash, zukes and shrimp, with some fresh thyme. And Parm Reg, of course.

PJ
PJ