What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3?
  Re: (...)
Since Jean is not feeling the best I figured she might not be cooking today, so thought I'd start the thread for her.

We will be putting ham steaks on the grill, scalloped potatoes and a fresh veg, probably asparagus.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Mare749 (Since Jean is not fe...)
Oh, thank you, Maryann - I'm sitting here wondering what I can get away with feeding 'him' today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by cjs (Oh, thank you, Marya...)
We're just having Trader Joe's mandarin chicken, jasmine rice and some stir fried cabbage.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Trixxee (We're just having Tr...)
I'm considering chicken fried steak with mashers and peas, but I may go with the French Onion Salisbury Steak with a salad instead.

Probably the first one. I just remembered we're grinding sausage tonight. Although, I may just make spaghetti since I'll finally get my Italian sausage. It depends on if William is hunting until dark.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm considering chic...)
Daphne, what happened with the last batch? Hopefully, it is still useable...
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Mare749 (Daphne, what happene...)
We have a long time friend's 80th birthday party to go to tonight, so we'll have whatever they are serving...
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by HomeCulinarian (We have a long time ...)
Tonight it's Turkey meatballs with cranberry gravy and two potato mash, asparagus for sides. I made this before and the gravy has a little kick to it.
It's Good eats!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Turkey ...)
Everything sounds good.

Tonight I'm planning (if all goes well) on making a dish I haven't made since 1982 at the very latest. It was a family favorite - the dinner my friend in Mendocino wanted me to cook for James Beard. I'll share it if it comes out as good as I remember. Think chicken, cheese, peppers . . . !

It hasn't been a good day and I'm not sure why I thought of this, or thought I'd feel up to cooking it. We had to see Miss Fancie off to the Rainbow Bridge this morning . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Harborwitch (Everything sounds go...)
Sharon, I'm so sorry. Big hugs for you.
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for dinner----Thursday 11/3? by Mare749 (Sharon, I'm so sorry...)
Oh Sharon, I am so sorry. That's always so hard.

Maryann, it wasn't too bad. The guys were happy with it. But now I have four pounds I
Of Italian in the freezer and one in marinara for pasta for dinner....YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.