What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We rec'd a $20.00 anniversary coupon for one of the restaurants here in town, so we'll use it tonight. (It's not our anniversary yet.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I love skirt steak, and I am going with one of my favorites tonight. Fajitas with grilled skirt, grilled peppers, grilled onions, and sour cream with some chipotle and scallions. Yum.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by BobMc2 (I love skirt steak, ...)
Lasagna Soup, an oldie but such a goodie!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by farnfam (Lasagna Soup, an ol...)
No idea yet, but love the ideas posted so far. It's a beautiful day here so we're going out and about. Might use a groupon I bought a while back.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by Mare749 (No idea yet, but lov...)
I'm going to get a pork roast in the crockpot this morning. I work noon to 4:30 today (Pro shop, kitchen, and bar).

I'm not sure what I'm doing with the pork - I'll have to go check the freezer and see what we've got. . . or send Bob to the store for kraut. It's that kind of weather. I think I'll throw in some onions and apples.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by Harborwitch (I'm going to get a p...)
Chicken Parmesan with Pasta and a side of steamed asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by losblanos1 (Chicken Parmesan wit...)
Fresh tomato sauce on pasta with Italian sausages.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by HomeCulinarian (Fresh tomato sauce o...)
I'm trying the Sweet & Sour Pork Stir Fry with Ginger Rice in the latest issue. I'm determined to get out of this cooking rut!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying the Sweet...)
Quote:

I'm trying the Sweet & Sour Pork Stir Fry with Ginger Rice in the latest issue. I'm determined to get out of this cooking rut!

Getting out of a cooking rut sounds like a great idea, but I'm not there, yet. We had a beef pot pie with a cheddar biscuit topping. I've been making this since the boys were little, and we've always loved it. Tonight, either my tastes have changed, I totally under-seasoned the dish, or I'm just not in the mood, but it was a very blah meal. I served it with some equally uninspired steamed broccoli.

I've gotta do something to get my cooking mojo back!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues 11/8?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Let us know how the pork is Daphne, I had that one earmarked.

I'm finally making the darn fish tacos I've been saying I'm making for days now. Fish was frozen so that was ok but I'm glad my cabbage and cilantro were still very usable. Also heating up a TJ's frozen rice mix - chimichurri rice.