What If.................
  Re: (...)
As I was commenting on the chefs/cooks having a hard time with their 'spur of the moment' very best dish for presentation, I got to thinking what I would have automatically have made.

Given we were all capable of working with the time restraints and all the other criteria, what dish(es) would you automatically go to?

Number 1 thought would be a roasted squab topping a root veggie puree, garnished with foie gras (hopefully legal again) and fennel shavings. and maybe marinated beets and pancetta.

I think for a vegetarian, I would do my Roasted Butternut Squash Penne al Burro making sure the squash dice was perfectly roasted with fried sage leaves and a drizzle of red pepper oil.

-----
What would you fix?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What If................. by cjs (As I was commenting ...)
A plate full of your food! Yummm
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What If................. by cjs (As I was commenting ...)
I would make a Cajun stuffed pork loin with cornbread dressing and green beans.
My vegitarian offering would be eggplant parmesan with pasta and a caprese salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What If................. by Old Bay (I would make a Cajun...)
I really started this thread off the top of my head....now, dinner plate ideas are just a jumpin' around in that same head....

That's funny, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What If................. by cjs (I really started thi...)
Vegetarian is easy - just flew into my mind: Truffled Mac & Cheese and a "herb salad" with lemon olive oil dressing.

Spatchcocked herb roasted chicken with a celariac & yukon gold potato mash, and a mixed veggie saute.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What If................. by Harborwitch (Vegetarian is easy -...)
Quote:

Spatchcocked herb roasted chicken

How dare you do that to a chicken!

(psssst! what is it, anyway?)

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What If................. by BarbaraS ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
So glad YOU asked that question, I was afraid to!!
  Re: Re: What If................. by iBcookin (So glad YOU asked th...)
It's just splitting the chicken down the back and splaying it out - especially for grilling. Watch enough of Masterchef Australia, Junior Masterchef Australia or [/i]Masterchef New Zeland[/i] and you'll hear the term quite a bit.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What If................. by labradors (It's just splitting ...)
Cuisine No. 22 (August 2000), pages 32-35

has a recipe for doing them and a beautiful picture. Didn't we do one for a review dinner one time????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What If................. by cjs (Cuisine No. 22 (Augu...)
We might have Jean.

I love to spatchcock them, they cook so much faster in the oven or on the grill. I might have a picture somewhere.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!