Are Cookbooks Obsolete
  Re: (...)
Interesting article on how cooking apps are evolving and replacing regular cookbooks.

NY Times article . I think you are allowed 20 free articles before you have to subscribe.
  Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by Cubangirl (Interesting article ...)
Sadly I am above the article limit. I just cannot imagine giving up my cookbooks. I use the internet for a lot of recipe searches, but my cookbooks are sacred to me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by Harborwitch (Sadly I am above the...)
I'm with Sharon on this one. No amount of new technology could make me give up buying cookbooks. Although I do love my Kindle, I do not enjoy the two cookbooks that I have on there. It's just not the same.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by Mare749 (I'm with Sharon on t...)
I will never give up my books! I love them too darn much
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by DFen911 (I will never give up...)
Quote:

I will never give up my books! I love them too darn much

From my cold dead hands!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Not in my lifetime! I love my books. I will admit that I have started a couple of online recipe boxes, though.
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by HomeCulinarian (Not in my lifetime! ...)
I have too, Jeannette, but I've never used them...

Cold, dead hands - YUP! One of my daughters said one time when I die, they were going to have the biggest bonfire in the front yard. (she must have been adopted) - and the other was horrified.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by cjs (I have too, Jeannett...)
I took all my online recipe boxes and copied the recipes over to my YummySoup computer recipe program. This way I didn't have to remember which site a recipe was and user names/passwords.
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by cjs (I have too, Jeannett...)
This reminded me that my brother has my Mom's cookbooks in storage. I need to talk to him. My niece (in law) loves to cook so I'm sure she wants some of them - we talked about me working on a cookbook of the "family favorites". Must get back on that project - maybe fun for the winter when it's slow here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Are Cookbooks Obsolete by DFen911 (I took all my online...)
I am in the process of doing that as well. I also add recipes from cookbooks I love and use, but want to have the recipes available for easily searching. Having them electronically and hard copies are the best of both worlds. BTW, if you don't use software to store your recipes, a great site to search your cookbooks is Eatyourbooks.com . I apologize if that has been posted before.