What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having a sausage and mushroom pizza for brunch (and a little sparkling, too ) and our later snack is going to be a recipe I found for a peanutty pasta that sounded good and spicy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Tonight it's Sweet & Sour pork stir fry with Ginger & Sesame rice. I'll follow Daphnes recommendation on the chili garlic sauce and use just a tablespoon.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's Sweet &...)
I'm going to have to make this, it's calling my name.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by cjs (I'm going to have to...)
I'm thinking about the sweet and sour pork only with chicken. We had a pork tenderloin the other night and I've got a Costco load of chicken breasts in the freezer.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by Trixxee (I'm thinking about t...)
Oh my, I've so missed pizza....time to work on another book, I'm thinking.

[Image: SausageShroom3Nov13.jpg]

Sausage & Mushroom
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by cjs (Oh my, I've so misse...)
Chili! Made up a nice big batch yesterday but we always wait a day to eat it and let it chill. Then making corn dodgers for Derek and corn bread for my father in law
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by cjs (Oh my, I've so misse...)
Raviolis with meatballs. Just finishing up the meatballs in the oven as I type.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by BarbaraS (Raviolis with meatba...)
I bought hot dogs for the last couple of days before my trip. I've already sliced a number of them and used them for an on-the-fly sweet and sour. Turned out great!

Always remember this simple idea and just vary the proportions to your liking:
  • Sweet
  • Sour
  • Salt
  • Hot
Works every time!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
It has been a day of pumpkin and smoking.

For dinner we smoked brisket and chicken thighs,
[Image: SmkdChkThighs.jpg]

I also made Pumpking creme cheese muffins and mini pumpkin pies. I had bought and roasted fresh pumpkin. A first for me. The pies and the muffins turned out great!
[Image: DSC_0021-1.jpg]
[Image: Pumpkinmfn.jpg]
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 11/13?? by esgunn (It has been a day of...)
What fun, Erin! I know you and the kids had a fun time with this!

Jean, that pizza looks awesome! I've not made on in so long and now I'm craving one!

I did the Winter Pork Stew. It was as good as I remembered. It turned out my "small" rutabaga turned out to be a turnip after all. Weird that it was waxed? I forgot the ingredients and got a butternut squash that I thought would be good i I messed up. It took the place of the sweet potatoes and worked out nicely.

It was a busy evening at my kitchen. William and Jody killed two deer this weekend. They have become fanatical about making sausage. So every time they make venison sausage, I get to make a sausage of my choice with the remaining pork. I did Italian again, but I think I'll look into something else next time for kicks! Soon William will have to break down and buy a freezer, I hope. Then I'm going to be hard to deal with! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.