What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

Haven't thought about it here, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Today we will be making College Boy's birthday dinner. He ordered ribeye steaks, potatoes, broccoli and apple pie.

My sister gave me some Kennebek potatoes from her garden. I've never used that type before - she loves them for any use. I was thinking about garlic mashed - would that be a good way to use them?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by HomeCulinarian (Today we will be mak...)
I have Kennebek also - I love them!! Garlic mashed would be very good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by cjs (I have Kennebek also...)
I'm going to do some boneless chicken thighs in the crock pot with pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce. Steamed rice and carrots as sides.

Oops - just remembered asparagus is on sale for 99 cents a pound - will probably do that instead of carrots.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to do some...)
Jeannette is getting me going. Will dig up some more potatoes and do a garlic mashed to go with braised chuck roast pieces I did earlier this week.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by Trixxee (I'm going to do some...)
OMG, asparagus .99/lb!!!??? Perfect price to pickle--then sell for $7.50/12oz jar. Wish I was there!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by Old Bay (OMG, asparagus .99/l...)
The pozole will be dinner tonight. It smells so good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by Harborwitch (The pozole will be d...)
It's so gray and dreary today, so am making a pot of "Sunday Gravy" with hot Italian sausage, meatballs and a little dish of Dreamfields spaghetti. Low carbing is a challenge lately.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by Mare749 (It's so gray and dre...)
I'm making a shrimp and zucchini recipe from Madhur Jaffrey, and I also started the marinade for one of her chicken Tandoori recipes for tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 11/15?? by BobMc2 (I'm making a shrimp ...)
I'm doing Chicken Fried Steak, mashers and peas....it's been a while and I LOVE this stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.