What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Leftovers here, think I'll do the Steakhouse Burrito from C@H's Sandwiches & Salads (page 27) with the side showing of Caprese corn salad. Roy has decided, after 40+ years he does like wraps....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not sure. I think it needs to be in the crock pot though, so probably something chicken. Guess I had better get thinking on that.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by esgunn (Not sure. I think i...)
I know it's going to be salmon (cooked in the oven rather than the grill, which I'm not really a fan of but it'll be too dark to grill). Still looking around for a recipe - possibly a lemon caper sauce. Asparagus and not sure what else yet.
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by Trixxee (I know it's going to...)
Oh Trixxee, you reminded me of a salmon dish I haven't made forever - have you seen this one?

* Exported from MasterCook *

SALMON WITH ROASTED ASPARAGUS

Preheat oven to 450.

Arrange ~1 lb. asparagus, trimmed, on a rimmed baking sheet.

Drizzle with 1 T. e-v. olive oil and turn the asparagus to coat.

Sprinkle w/salt & pepepr.

Place salmon on top of asparagus; sprinkle w/salt & pepper.

Roast till salmon is just opaque in center, ~20 min.

Transfer asparagus and salmon to a platter. Spoon the sauce (below) over. Makes 4 servings.

Lemon-Caper Sauce

Mix together:

2 T. fresh lemon juice

2 T. minced red onion

1 T. olive oil

1 T. drained capers, chopped

1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (mine looks horrible right now, so used dry - not bad )

1/2 tsp. lemon zest (I use almost the entire lemon's zest)

This is really good -

Description:
"Salmon with Roasted Asparagus and Lemon-Caper Sauce"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, you remi...)
That is the exact recipe Jean!
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by Trixxee (That is the exact re...)
Hot Dogs!

Lol doing my big shopping tonight after work and there is no way I'm gonna feel up to cooking. So Derek gets to make dinner
  Re: Re: What's for Monday's Dinner - 11/21? by DFen911 (Hot Dogs! [br][br]Lo...)
We had teriyaki chicken, jasmine rice and broccoli.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."