HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!
  Re: (...)
Hope everyone has a great time with their families, sick or well....

This will give you an idea what's instore for us. My Grandson, Jimmy, stopped by last night and we were talking about his menu for today. When he mentioned the dressing and that it would be in a side dish because the turkey will be deep fried, I mentioned that basting it with a little chicken stock while it was baking would ensure the it didn't dry out.

He looked at me with the funniest look - then told me the dressing isn't cooked in the oven, but in the microwave....

- gonna be an intersting day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by cjs (Hope everyone has a ...)
Whoa! That's interesting....LOL!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by cjs (Hope everyone has a ...)
LOL!! Yep, I hope everyone has a great day with family and friends!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by BarbaraS (LOL!! Yep, I hope e...)
Wishing everyone a day filled with great food, family, and friends. Eat, drink and be merry!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by Mare749 (Wishing everyone a d...)
Let me know how the turkey comes out Jean Micro-dressing..hhmm.

While the house is quiet it sure smells good! Turkey is in the oven and I'm already hankering for it.

But more importantly - Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for my family and each of you for being part of my life. I am thankful for our troops who everyday put themselves last so that our country can be first. And so thankful to be able to finally look forward to what the future holds
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by DFen911 (Let me know how the ...)
Happy Thanskgiving to everyone - I am thankful for all of you and your
great recipes and great helpful ideas all year.

We are off to your Son's house in Redmond. Where we should have approx.
12 people plus little people.

My Rolls and my casseroles are all ready to go. !

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by mjkcooking ( Happy Thanskgiving...)
Happy Thanksgiving, folks! Sounds like everyone is under control, except for maybe that 'glow in the dark stuffing' chef

My turkeys cooked way too quickly-2 14-15 lb'ers, separate pans, 325-in 2.5 hours?

3 different thermos all read the same, so I carved off the legs and wrapped them well in foil, then put them all in a cooler. We'll see. Will cut down on the carving mess later

Other than that, I'm good.

This is the only moment I'll have today to reflect on things I am thankful for, and this little "family" is one of them. Always ready to help and support, maybe just there to listen. Thank you all!

Have great celebrations, folks!

Patti-Jo (PJ)
PJ
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by pjcooks (Happy Thanksgiving, ...)
"This is the only moment I'll have today to reflect on things I am thankful for, and this little "family" is one of them. Always ready to help and support, maybe just there to listen. Thank you all!" Me too - ditto!!

We're off to have microwaved dressing - wonder if the potatoes came from the earth or a box....................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by cjs ("This is the only mo...)
Thanks PJ, that was beautifully said and I agree!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! by Mare749 (Thanks PJ, that was ...)
Quote:

"This is the only moment I'll have today to reflect on things I am thankful for, and this little "family" is one of them. Always ready to help and support, maybe just there to listen. Thank you all!" Me too - ditto!!

I have to agree with you both!

Sorry I miss you all yesterday. I was down at the restaurant cooking with Tonya for the "family" dinner here. We had such a good time, laughing, chopping, dicing, mixing, laughing, talking, cooking, baking, laughing, tasting!

Tonya did turkeys and stuffing(OMG they were so good) - Bob was in charge of mashed potatoes, Mike (Tonya's hubby) picked the dungenese crabs for crab cocktails. I made the rolls. Then Tonya and I just plowed into veggie side dishes; the ubiquitous green bean casserole, a very old broccoli casserole (the recipe is very old - not the broccoli), the Penzey's carrots, and some roasted sweet potatoes, parsnips, and pears with maple syrup, pecans & stuff. OH! Best of all - our "happy berries Cranberry sauce!

Other folks brought oyster dressing, tater tot casserole, deviled eggs, and a fruit platter. Mike made pumkin pies, Tonya made apple, and other folks brought pies.

Chad stayed here for the Holiday, which we all thought was really special. We all agreed that we were very thankful for the new "family" that we have here - it was just so very special. It was a great day, although my allergies were killing me and I was running on about 3 hours sleep (from coughing all night), it was just a blast being in the kitchen with Tonya. If we hadn't run out of ideas and casserole dishes I think we might have kept cooking
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!