Day After Turkey Day - 11/25??
  Re: (...)
Leftovers across the country???

I am so darn proud of my Grandson - he and his roomates made a fantastic dinner and all was done at the same time. The dressing? really bad, And, his garlic mashed potatoe - excellent!

Today, another group of the kids' friends coming for a spaghetti dinner and there is another budding 17-year old cook, so we'll make the pie tarts with the cookie and choc candy inside.

Someone dumped the turkey carcas before I could convince them to make some soup...... geez.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by cjs (Leftovers across the...)
We're having Friday Night Steak Night. Two of the three kids is here. YEAH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by cjs (Leftovers across the...)
Quote:

Leftovers across the country???

I am so darn proud of my Grandson - he and his roomates made a fantastic dinner and all was done at the same time. The dressing? really bad, And, his garlic mashed potatoe - excellent!

Is Dan Quale giving spelling lessons on this thread?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
SmartA$$!!!!! potatoe?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by cjs (SmartA$$!!!!! potato...)
We are putting a small turkey in the rotisserie oven. MIL needed her l/os for company and we feel lost without our own.
Sides will depend on how much stuff Ron brings home from the grocery store.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by Mare749 (We are putting a sma...)
No leftovers here as we went out so I'm doing a roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce, corn and pumpkin pie. Sort of a mini T-day dinner only with no turkey and no dressing.
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by Trixxee (No leftovers here as...)
I have some swai fillets in the fridge, some broccoli, and maybe I'll make some baked sweet potato fries to go with the fish. Light dinner, unless we all convene back at the restaurant for leftovers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by Harborwitch (I have some swai fil...)
We had leftover chicken breast, ham, and a couple of large leeks. We made a chicken and leek casserole from Jeans new "Leftovers...What do I Do Now?" cookbook. Delicious!!! It's on page 67.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by Old Bay (We had leftover chic...)
Whoooee, thanks Bill...I'll have to go look that one up.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Day After Turkey Day - 11/25?? by cjs (Whoooee, thanks Bill...)
Of course, just about everyone has turkey sandwiches with at least SOME of the leftovers, but it was always interesting to see the quizzical looks I'd get from my classmates when I was a kid and I brought my own turkey sandwiches to school after Thanksgiving.

I toast the bread, spread one slice of it with leftover cranberry sauce, spread the other slice with leftover stuffing and put slices of leftover turkey in between. I always thought EVERYBODY made turkey sandwiches that way but I never met anyone else who did until at least 25 years later.

Even now I make them the same way (in fact, took two of them to the airport with me on Saturday) and I'm still surprised how few people have even thought about such an obvious and natural combination.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?