Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"?
  Re: (...)
One of my friends just told me about it today. It is described as an online pinboard where you can organize and share things you love. There are all kinds of creative ideas on there including recipes, craft ideas, gift ideas, etc. You have to request an invite first, before you can use the sight. Kind of a pain, but guess they have their reasons. Anyway, it's very fun, so go check it out!

Here is a recipe I copied that was posted by Laurie and includes her notes.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I found this recipe at Life as a Lofthouse and couldn't wait to try it. I finally got a chance to make it last week and it's all it's cracked up to be!

I loved every bite...warm and delicious...just like a cinnamon roll!

Cake:
3 c. flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.
Posted by laurie at 9:28 PM
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by Mare749 (One of my friends ju...)
oh my, that does sound good - with a slice of ham or bacon?? copied.

Just looked around the site and to my surprise, found a cookie recipe that my family had lost for a number of years. They kids kept nagging me until I did find it again but just saw a picture of it. These are so good! Like chocolate fudge.

No Bake Cookies
[Image: nobakcookies.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by cjs (oh my, that does sou...)
I thought you might like that site, Jean. With all the great photos that you take, that would be a great place to post them.
Maryann

Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by Mare749 (I thought you might ...)
Thanks Maryann - I kept this one because that's how I want to take a picture of my no-bake cookies for the next book. I loved it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by cjs (Thanks Maryann - I k...)
For anyone who wants to get recipes from this website, you must click on the picture, then once it is enlarged, you have to click it a second time to get the recipe.

I found out that you don't have to have an invite to look around, only to post your own creations.
Maryann

Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by Mare749 (For anyone who wants...)
going to check that out
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by cjs (oh my, that does sou...)
I grew up with these, Jean! My Mom always made them. I have the original recipe, just about the same.
PJ
  Re: Re: Has anyone seen the website called "Pinterest"? by pjcooks (I grew up with thes...)
Same here, PJ! They even make them in school cafeterias. Not as much as they used to but every now and then. Yum!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.