T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I just have to mention, I finally was able to clean out, and defrost both freezers!!!! I also have a couple empty shelves!!!! I'm so proud.

Not sure yet what we'll have for dinner today,tho. I'll look for ideas from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm picking up Katie and Abby after school and they will stay with me overnight, so wanted to make something that they really like. Katie eats anything I make, but Abby is a little harder to cook for. So, it's going to be teriyaki chicken and rice with peas, kind of a standby that the little ones will usually eat.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by Mare749 (I'm picking up Katie...)
Chef Dave Nelson posted a pasta salad on facebook that looks really good - "Satay Pasta Salad" - so, we're having that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by cjs (Chef Dave Nelson pos...)
My son has a doctor's appointment late this afternoon and my husband has a hockey game to go to so I'm probably just going to throw some ham and provolone paninis together.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by Trixxee (My son has a doctor'...)
Steak Night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Steak Night!...)
Oh boy, this is a good one!!
[Image: SatayPastaSaladDaveNelson.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

Satay Pasta Salad - Dave Nelson

1/2 pound Cavatappi pasta -- cooked and chilled
2 boneless chicken breasts -- cooked and diced 1/2 inch
1/2 pound asparagus -- ends removed, and cut in thirds diagonally
1/2 orange and red bell pepper -- cored, seeded and diced
2 scallions (green parts) -- sliced diagonally
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds -- toasted
-------
For the dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon peeled -- grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce or more
juice of I lime

Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain.

Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pour your desired amount over the pasta and toss to fully incorporate. Add the chicken to the dressed pasta and fold in. Now, top with the asparagus and peppers and push them into the pasta and chicken. Top with the scallions and sesame seeds. Serve cold or at room temperature.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I followed the recipe exactly - except I don't care for boiled/steamed asparagus, so I roasted mine.

this makes a huge salad - I'll half it next time (unless l/os work out, then maybe I won't. )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by cjs (Oh boy, this is a go...)
Chicken cutlets with almond butter sauce and steamed asparagus as a side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 12/2 Dinner?? by losblanos1 (Chicken cutlets with...)
Our son Eric is coming home to help his mother decorate the outside of the house!! Love that boy!!! Taking them out for Mexican food!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".