Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

I'm in a quandry. I've forgotten how many dishes I wanted to try in #83! The B.nut Squash dish Jeannette had yesterday, Maryann made a soup from it that sounded good.....I'll have to think on some of these.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm glad you brought that up, Jean. I've barely looked at my magazines lately and need to start making some new dishes again.

Dinner tonight will be fried pork chops and oven roasted veggies. I gave Heather most of the extra noodles yesterday, as she stopped in on her way home from work. Smart girl must have known mom was cooking.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by Mare749 (I'm glad you brought...)
She's a smart girl, Maryann. thawed some brisket that we had done in a vinegar sauce, will add some bbq or apricot chipotle Sauce, baking some sweet potatoes, have lots of carrots. Perfect supper for a cold, wet, dark, nasty day.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by Lorraine (She's a smart girl, ...)
Tonight it's Asian salad with salmon cakes (except, I'm substituting sesame rice cakes for the salad) with an Asian vinaigrette and julienned carrots for a side. Dessert will be the Stacked Apple Pie from issue #71.
  Re: Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by Lorraine (She's a smart girl, ...)
Quote:

She's a smart girl, Maryann. thawed some brisket that we had done in a vinegar sauce, will add some bbq or apricot chipotle Sauce, baking some sweet potatoes, have lots of carrots. Perfect supper for a cold, wet, dark, nasty day.

Both girls are smart that way, but Heather gets the best of the goodies because she lives on the same street, only a half block away! And, I'm on the way home from work. So, anytime she doesn't have something for dinner, she just happens to stop by for a quick visit, since she knows some kind of hot dish is going home with her. Last night is was a casserole full of noodles and a banana nut bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Leftover chicken and rice here.
  Re: Hump Day, What's for Dinner, Wed. 12/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Take and Bake Sausage, mushroom, and tomato pizza, with the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie! The kids and I had a great time.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.