Review: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
  Re: Re: Review: Cauliflower Crust Pizza by labradors (Loved in when I made...)
Update: My mom and I love this and have made it several times, even trying a couple other, similar recipes (including one that has you wring out the cauliflower in a towel to remove excess moisture).

Don't know about the rest of you, but no matter what I tried, the cauliflower crust was not very firm and couldn't be picked up with a spatula to remove it from the baking sheet. Instead, I had to slide each pizza off in a gloopy mess (even more difficult, considering there were two of them on the pan).

Interestingly, this was NOT a problem the very first time I made this here and I finally figured out why.

The first time I made this for my mom and me, I wasn't too sure she'd like it, so I prepped the crusts while she was out and just refrigerated them until dinner time. Then, I just put them back onto the baking sheet, put the toppings on and finished them under the broiler. When I remembered this and went back to that approach, they came out fine. Of course, they still aren't the kind of pizzas you could pick up by hand, but at least you can use a fork instead of having to use a spoon! LOL!

One other thing that could be even better is not to put the sauce onto the crusts before the cheese, but to put the cheese directly onto the crusts, THEN the sauce on top of the cheese so that the cheese can act as a barrier to keep the sauce from making the pizzas too loose. That's not how I've done it with the refrigerated crusts, but that may help even more.

Either way, these are great pizzas and my mom will actually bring home some cauliflower and ask me to make the pizzas.

P.S.: I do use parchment paper on the baking sheets.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review: Cauliflower Crust Pizza by labradors (Update: My mom and I...)
time for a repeat!!! Thanks for bringing this one up again-along with your notes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com